Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheilectomy Moberg - Surgery

Options
  • 12-12-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I've been advised by 2 seperate consultants to have my Hallux Rigidus (Arthritis in big toe joint) treated with surgery after conventional treatment.

I wonder can anyone share on the topic? I'm advised I'll not be able to properly excercise for about 8 weeks minimum.

I was a dancer but not anymore. I'm 30, healthy & am told I should fall into the 85% success rate but am nervous all the same.

Any experience would really be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 timelord13

I went ahead with this surgery and so far so good. Some pain yesterday easily taken care of with difene and solpadol/tylex.

I thought it would be much more of an upheaval. Granted I'm in the very early stages but am really impressed. I'm on crutches for two weeks having to keep the foot elevated and then am due to get stitches out and begin to partial weight bare on the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I'll be honest, I have never heard of the condition or the surgery but I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 timelord13

Thank you very much, it's basically just bone growing upward out of my big toe joint, that restricts the movement of your toe. Bone is shaved and therefore the mobility returns.

I'm shocked to be honest, haven't used a painkiller in the last two days. I'd prepared for a lot more discomfort. Maybe I'm just a wuss.

Advertisement