Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a combo receiver for saorview/uk channels ...

• 12-12-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend me a combo receiver and satellite dish that i can get saorview and the channels with that will allow the following..

7 day epg on both saorview and uk channels
    Allow me to record on one channel while watching another channel
    i had a look on the web but a lot of the receivers don;t allow for 7 day epg on the uk channels and recording on one channel while watching another..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭zg3409

Some boxes allow recording of a terrestrial channel (an Irish one) while watching a Satellite channel and vice versa. For true watch anything and recording anything you would need two satellite tuners and two terrestrial tuners which is very expensive.

Normally when we say combo we mean single satellite tuner with single terrestrial tuner.

Regarding the 7day EPG on Satellite see:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056827804

It requires extra, possibly non legal, changes to standard software to get guide from Satellite or the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, it's not illegal as long as you are only watching Free To Air stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Hi, jumping on this to see what's available currently for watching / recording UK and Irish tv. What's the best box people are using that can receive Irish and Uk channels and record onto external HDD etc. Getting so many different opinions from shops etc. Asking question here. I have dish for BBC and irish dish for saorview, just need the right box to connect up. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

zgemma h7s look on adverts ie one there all set uo and ready to go. Just plug in etc

Advertisement