Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistancy in rugby moderation

Options
  • 12-12-2012 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Ok, so this is my second account after I closed fishooks12. But I've been regular poster on the rugby forum and have noticed some inconsistancies in how the forum is moderated

Here's an example of a post that saw a user permanently banned today:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82197580&postcount=3699

Now I'd like to say that I aprreciate that this poster has caused a lot of trouble before. But I honestly see nothing wrong with this post.

But the bigger problem is that I'm certain that this kind of post would not have been treated the same if it was in relation to Munster rather than Leinster rugby.

Another example is the closure of this kind of thread and subsequent banning of the poster for having an opinion (albeit a ridiculous one, but one I know is shared by some rugby fans):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056806124

For the most part I think the mods do a great job on the forum. But I think there's a slightly harsh view taken on posters speaking ill of Leinster rugby, while posters saying the same thing about Munster are more or less ignored.

I know I've pointed out a handful of posters who were dragging the forum down around the time I closed my first account by constantly taking cheap digs at Munster players only to be told that I'd have to put up with what I saw as obvious flaming that I have no doubt, were it in relation to a Leinster player, rather than a Munster player, would be dealt with.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And have you already discussed this with the rugby mods by PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Spear wrote: »
    And have you already discussed this with the rugby mods by PM?

On my old account yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And with the sports cmods?

Spear wrote: »
    And with the sports cmods?

No, I guess you're going to tell me to take it up with them now :)

I am, just as the charter requires.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The OP has dropped me a PM, and I'll pick this up directly with them once I've had a chance to look at it

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement