Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video to DVD transfer

Options
  • 12-12-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi. Does anybody know where I can get this done in D15 pre-xmas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Am sure the camera shop in blanch shopping centre will do this. Not sure of shop name but its on the lower level opposite the fountain. Debenhams entrance. If you do find out a price could you post here? Its something I must do myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jobseeker999

tskk wrote: »
    Am sure the camera shop in blanch shopping centre will do this. Not sure of shop name but its on the lower level opposite the fountain. Debenhams entrance. If you do find out a price could you post here? Its something I must do myself.
    Thanks Tskk, just called them and they do but want €40 per tape. Absolute rip off! I got a price of €12.50 from a guy advertising in the Blanch Gazette but would need to send in post as he's in Glenageary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Have a look in PC world, they might have something that transfers videos to the PC and from there you could stick them on a disc. I know there is one for records and tapes but not sure about videos but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭robbie000

http://www.dvdcentre.ie/dvd-archiving-service.php Place in town also does this never used them but its €20 on the website with a €5 off voucher available aswell I think.

Another way would be if you knew anyone with a DVD recorder you could hook that and tape player up to a TV and record the tape as it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

robbie000 wrote: »
    Another way would be if you knew anyone with a DVD recorder you could hook that and tape player up to a TV and record the tape as it plays.
    I have a DVD recorder. If you have a video player and a SCART lead you could bring them over to me. PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

I have a VHS and a DVD recorder. Will do it for you if you're stuck. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I too need this service. here is a tip for anyone storing videos tho. when you get it on to dvd upload it to youtube and keep it private. i have all my daughter vids on youtube but only i can access them but they will be there forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

You'd be better off uploading it to a private cloud like SkyDrive. No decompression and no risk of Google claiming ownership or deleting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

robbie000 wrote: »
    http://www.dvdcentre.ie/dvd-archiving-service.php Place in town also does this never used them but its €20 on the website with a €5 off voucher available aswell I think.

I got dvdcentre.ie to convert my parents videos to dvds of all our christenings/communions/confirmations/birthdays etc going back to 1981! (my uncle was a wedding video-man so we got lots of freebies over the years!) for an xmas present a few years ago. They did a perfect job and my parents loved the result. The memories from them are priceless especially as a lot of our relatives on them have since passed.

I can't recall the exact price but it was reasonable (maybe 10 euro per video?)

Advertisement