Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often does the Union Flag fly in other parts of thr U.K.?

• 12-12-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how often the Union flag flies over city hall`s in other U.K. cities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mcc1

h2005 wrote: »
    Just wondering how often the Union flag flies over city hall`s in other U.K. cities?

It flys every day of the year in all the Capitals on mainland Britain i think. I may be wrong though. Just realised in Scotland capital they don't fly it outside everyday of the year but instead they have it in the council chambers every day of the year instead and fly it outside on designated days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Although prior to 2007 it was limited to certain days of the year.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6276280.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

mcc1 wrote: »
    It flys every day of the year in all the Capitals on mainland Britain i think. I may be wrong though. Just realised in Scotland capital they don't fly it outside everyday of the year but instead they have it in the council chambers every day of the year instead and fly it outside on designated days.

Sorry mcc but in Glasgow the Saltire is flown on all public buildings every day of the year including Police stations(sometimes alongside the Union flag tbh)! I have'nt seen it 'flown' inside any public building (not the ones I've been in anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The only one in the Glasgow area I know where it is flown everyday is Rutherglen Town Hall. I have no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

The only one in the Glasgow area I know where it is flown everyday is Rutherglen Town Hall. I have no idea why

A very orange area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

mcc wrote:
    Madam wrote:
    Sorry mcc but in Glasgow the Saltire is flown on all public buildings every day of the year including Police stations(sometimes alongside the Union flag tbh)! I have'nt seen it 'flown' inside any public building (not the ones I've been in anyway).
    Glasgow isn't the capital of Scotland ;)

Advertisement