Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Brew Books

Options
  • 12-12-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for good home brew books I could get as an xmas pressie for someone who has just got into home brewing?

He has made a couple of batches of home brew this year so he's not a complete novice if that would influence the kind of book you'd recommend at all.

Dont know much on the subject myself so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What do they like brewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Sorry, it's mainly stouts he's into. I think he was trying to brew an extra stout last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Joy of homebrewing 3rd by charliie papizan is a good all around book ,lots of info ,a good read

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for good home brew books I could get as an xmas pressie for someone who has just got into home brewing?

He has made a couple of batches of home brew this year so he's not a complete novice if that would influence the kind of book you'd recommend at all.

Dont know much on the subject myself so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Homebrewing for dummies is good, probably the best of the lots as it most up to date

The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance is good, with a nice home-brewing section at the back

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Complete Homebrew Beer Book got a good review and could be worth a look, if it's not too basic.

I like Clone Brews for when I'm looking for ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Thanks guys, had a read of the reviews of a few of them and think I'm gonna plump with Clone Brews. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 JohnnyCarmello

How To Brew by John Palmer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

How To Brew by John Palmer

this ^^^

Advertisement