Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's Santa Paws bringing?

• 12-12-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

My dog is getting an extra large stag bar chew and a new lead.
    My older cat is getting a new comfy bed.
    My younger cat is getting an activity centre and and a kong fluffy ball thing.

Now this is until I pop into the pet shop because I know that I will see something that they will love and end up picking it up :rolleyes:, plus I have get them some treats for the big day;).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Whatever's in his Secret Santa pressie tbh. He's spoiled all year round as it is so doesnt need anything else...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

A few boxes of treats and a bottle of cat milk for their stockings and catnip cigars which they keep managing to sniff out no matter where I hide them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

a new roll of vet bed to be cut up between them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The two dogs are getting their secret santa pressies and will have Christmas dinner with us, they'll be having a leg of turkey (maybe one each depending on the weight) and sprouts, carrots and a small potato.

Miller will be having some turkey too. I got him some catnip toys today which I'll hide until Christmas and I have my eye on a really cute little cat wand which chirps like a bird.

I'm also going to buy them coats I think, reflective ones, but I think the boys would argue with me about whether that is a gift or not. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

The dogs will be getting a new antler chew each, a new toy each (the latex animals that were on offer in Aldi at the weekend) and half a pig's head each.

The cats will be getting a feed of turkey and extra cuddles. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

I would love to get the ghost a memory foam bed but damn they are expensive,like 80 bucks in Waterford city Pet necessities.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Our cats are spoiled rotten all year round,so this year they're getting a Da Bird toy to share and we'll make a small donation to a local animal rescue instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Our dog will get a new coat after the crimbo but on the day will get some treats and her SS pressie.
    The cats will get some chicken and a few new toys, one will have an SS pressie but I figured 9 others into SS might be a bit much lol. Oh, we have a new Da bird, laser and some new catnip toys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola will get her SS pressie and some xmas dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Mine's getting some new toys from us (If I can keep him away from the parcel!)

My friend in London's sending him a scarf & legwarmers! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The biggest strongest Kong toy I can get to save my precious pc from being chewed on by a new puppy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

My friend in London's sending him a scarf & legwarmers! :o

Please promise you'll post photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Cats are getting a new toy.
    Ikea shelving unit (6ft x2.5 x 1.5 approx) that was bought for my daughters room, that Mouse (kitten) decided to attack and use as a climbing frame(claw marks all over now:rolleyes:).
    We have some vetbed for the top, two scratching post panels to screw to the sides, a dangly toy to hang on a lower shelf and the second highest shelf will be a feeding station (out of dogs reach!).
    Unit was €20 and the other bits were cheap or lying around, hope they enjoy it. We will be placing it in downstairs hall when that's finished.

Dogs will get SS presents, also new toy each and some treats.
    Rats have new hammock, an extra sputnik, and a tickle stick (cat toy with feathers on end).

All will get dinner on the day and some left overs after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Please promise you'll post photos!

Ah no! My husband's promised to divorce me if I take photos of my boy in them! ;). He has nightmares about me taking him out for a walk in them as my mate did with hers...
    I'll see what I can do though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

I have yet to shop for our two fur kids, but they will be getting new blankies, and lots of toys and treats. The small man has murdered every toy we've bought, so if anyone knows of an 'Alfie Proof' dog toy, please let me know. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

mymo wrote: »
    Cats are getting a new toy.
    Ikea shelving unit (6ft x2.5 x 1.5 approx) that was bought for my daughters room, that Mouse (kitten) decided to attack and use as a climbing frame(claw marks all over now:rolleyes:).
    We have some vetbed for the top, two scratching post panels to screw to the sides, a dangly toy to hang on a lower shelf and the second highest shelf will be a feeding station (out of dogs reach!).
    Unit was €20 and the other bits were cheap or lying around, hope they enjoy it. We will be placing it in downstairs hall when that's finished.

Dogs will get SS presents, also new toy each and some treats.
    Rats have new hammock, an extra sputnik, and a tickle stick (cat toy with feathers on end).

All will get dinner on the day and some left overs after that.

This is a great idea! Am going to rob it for my lot! Also love the name of your kitty, so cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I will be trying some DIY at the weekend so will post the results!
    Mouse is grey and was tiny (would fit in palm of my tiny hand) and she kept running under sofas, all we saw was a flash of grey as she crossed the room. She's getting bigger now and thinks she's a dog! Wrestles the two dogs all the time, comes when I call dogs and runs to the door and jumps up when I come home. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

His SS gifts and a new beagle 'brother' - that's what we call his lab/retriever Ikea puppy :D:D

gosig-valp-soft-toy__0104182_PE251092_S4.JPG

Anyone know where to get a memory foam type dog bed suitable for a GSD thats not like 80 quid like zooplus etc are charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I'm making bacon flavoured dog biscuits for my dog. :cool: And I might buy a toy for her as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Anyone know where to get a memory foam type dog bed suitable for a GSD thats not like 80 quid like zooplus etc are charging?

Hey remembered your post and said I had to post back. Was in aldi this evening and they had a load of memory foam beds for €22.99. They were big too. Was tempted to pick my own fella up one but decided against it as he is getting enough already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

Hey remembered your post and said I had to post back. Was in aldi this evening and they had a load of memory foam beds for €22.99. They were big too. Was tempted to pick my own fella up one but decided against it as he is getting enough already.

I buy three big fat Machine washable pillows in dunned in the sales & put them inside her zip up cover of her old bed.

Washable, interchangeable in case of unexpected disasters & even cheaper than Lidl!!! Bonus btl of wine with the savings!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

tk123 wrote: »
    His SS gifts and a new beagle 'brother' - that's what we call his lab/retriever Ikea puppy :D:D

gosig-valp-soft-toy__0104182_PE251092_S4.JPG

Oh my god my two would love that! And I'd buy it for them too if I didn't think they would hump the living daylights out of it! :eek:

I'm getting them fleece lined reflective coats, as we usually walk in the Phoenix Park and it's just so dark these evenings. I wanted pink ones but I know himself won't walk them in pink so yellow it is.

Some chew toys and a few healthy treats will also be doled out on the 25th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Hes spoiled enough all year round but he will be getting a Jumbone while we are eating our dinner to keep him occupied! He'll then probably get bits of anything thats left over but then he gets that everyday so thats nothing special.
    Years ago we used to get him one of those Pedigree stockings with little treats in them but that was better times.

Well I went to one of those warehouse shops with my mother yesterday. Everything under €2. Dog toy heaven.

So Harley has bought Phoe a stuffed bone and 2 mid sized squeaky bones. Phoe bought Harley a stuffed bone and a large squeaky bone (they're gonna be so embarrassed when they realise they got each other similar pressies :pac:). I also got a chicken and pig from Aldi, the chicken has met its end already so the pig is wrapped for Christmas, and ten tennis balls, 1 of these is already lost, 2 are in the kennel and one has been stripped, chewed spat out and burned.

That's a whole load of pressies for less than €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Whispered wrote: »
    Well I went to one of those warehouse shops with my mother yesterday. Everything under €2. Dog toy heaven.

So Harley has bought Phoe a stuffed bone and 2 mid sized squeaky bones. Phoe bought Harley a stuffed bone and a large squeaky bone (they're gonna be so embarrassed when they realise they got each other similar pressies :pac:). I also got a chicken and pig from Aldi, the chicken has met its end already so the pig is wrapped for Christmas, and ten tennis balls, 1 of these is already lost, 2 are in the kennel and one has been stripped, chewed spat out and burned.

That's a whole load of pressies for less than €15.

I picked up a cow in aldi on Friday. He spotted it on the counter and stole it, it's already in the bin. Just a word to the wise for some reason they have fluff in them so if you have an eejit that will eat it like me, watch out!

I have yet to find a toy that can withstand the jaws of GSD, not even Kong wubbas etc are tough enough:eek: Can't use steel cause that would break her teeth:) The very best in German Shredding technology wins again:D

Have you tried black kongs?

My boys haven't managed to destroy their one. I've seen loads of power chewers do them very very little damage even left overnight with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Hamish Macbeth collars, new teddies and a dog Xmas stocking each.

• Advertisement

Will try a black Kong soon, too much else to get at the moment for Christmas,will have to get a few different ones when i do though;)

Advertisement