Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshall Valve Amp Repair in Waterford

Options
  • 12-12-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Am in desperate need of a repair to my Marshall TSL100H. Have asked in the music shop down town and they said they don't offer a repair service. Has anyone had a valve amp repaired in Waterford? Does anyone know of anyone who would be able to repair it? I don't think its a big job

Cheers
    :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

I don't think there are many people around the town that professionally do repairs on valve amps as they can be tricky.
    Depending on the problem your best bet is to get it to Dublin.If you ask on the instruments board you will get the name of a couple of people that will do the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Toners, corner of Philip St and Morgan St?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Aziz: i really don't fancy dragging it into Dublin and then back maybe a week later to collect it.....would much rather give someone local the business if possible!

Black dog: have you used toners for repairs before, i had thought of him all right, but wasn't too sure if he'd do valve amps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

sarahn11 wrote: »
    Aziz: i really don't fancy dragging it into Dublin and then back maybe a week later to collect it.....would much rather give someone local the business if possible!

Black dog: have you used toners for repairs before, i had thought of him all right, but wasn't too sure if he'd do valve amps?

He does audio equipment and such so I'd say he's fair handy, got him to repair a couple of radios and walkie talkies before, very good service.

Not sure if he does repairs anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

PM me, I'll tell you who'll fix it.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

alinton wrote: »
    PM me, I'll tell you who'll fix it.

A.

I'm intrigued,could you pm me too,I've been looking for someone to do audio equipment repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Ollie in the Sony center.051844641.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

Heya, its probably not an awful lot of help to you but I'm opening a guitar and amp repair shop in town next summer, ive spent the last 2 years in London training with some of the best guys in London. Again not much use to you at the moment but if you want to tell me what problems your having I'm sure I can help diagnose the problem as I used to have a TSL aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Sarah, I suggested Toners simply because I have heard of them but I haven't had any valve repairs done there. My son has left electrical music equipment to them on a few occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Try the support section of the Marshall amps website. They helped me diagnose an issue with my jvm and were very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Ollie in the Sony center.051844641.

+1 on Ollie based on the recommendation of a mate that would know the AV business locally inside out

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Cheers guys, Good to see i've a few options!

Advertisement