Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Docklands Christmas festival

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Anyone got any info about this ? What it has, selling etc is it worth going to ?

Doesn't have much info on the website
    http://www.ddda.ie/index.jsp?p=109&n=341&i=402

Here's the website for it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Was pretty small, not much stuff there at all. The mulled wine and halloumi/falafel wraps were great though

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭beaner88

It looks dire. Falafels and burritos and a christmas market ffs. Every other country in europe that I have been to has proper christmas markets. I was in manchester last week and the setup was brilliant, close enough to a german market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Yeah was there last week. Reminded me of a fun fair or something. Was small and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It's pretty small. Was there at the weekend and again yesterday. Needless to say, yesterday was more or less dead. It seems to finish quite early as well. Still nice to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

It's very small this year compared to 2010 or 2009 (I didn't visit in 2011). Missing the critical mass of nice artisan stalls imo.

Any idea why they're not using the platform?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You want a nice Chrsitmas market in Dublin? Head along to Marley Park on any Saturday in December. Get some fresh air and enjoy the view of the mountains while you're at it. Plenty of pubs nearby if you must have a drink also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Its same crowd that do the Octoberfest except they re-badge their stalls as a Christmas fair. Not worth going out of your way for but if you in the area worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Yes, it is really the same as the Octoberfest without the beer.

Advertisement