Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video conversion: Reducing file sizes

Options
  • 12-12-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have alot of vob formatted videos of recorded TV & DVD's decrypted for the kid on a PC at home. This xmas santa is delivering an android tablet. I've a 32GB microSD for the tablet, but the vob file(s) are quite large.

So what format should I be looking to convert these too so they can play on both the tablet and microsoft media center? And secondly what tool to recommend to do the conversion?

Thank in advance

W.

Comments

You can convert with Handbrake. The ideal settings depend on the capability of your tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

files dont need to be any higher resolution than the screen of your tablet, and the audio can just as easilly be coded down into simple stereo.

Advertisement