Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with street parking

Options
  • 12-12-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    just wondering if anyone has had any recent problems with parking by phone in cork city? i have recently received two fixed penalty notices for parking on two different streets on different days. both of these streets are clearly signposted with a two hour parking limit but when the ticket warden came along the computer system showed the streets as being one hour parking and gave me a ticket. So I've appealed them, well within the 14 days deadline which has now passed. Yet lo and behold i received a 'reminder' to pay for one of these appealed ticket today and i havent heard from them regarding whether or not my appeals have been successful or not. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Are you sure your parkmagic is registered to the correct reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cat0001

yep! 100% certain it is. Think I'll just be patient and wait and see what the appeals process brings. I was just a tad upset getting that reminder yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

I would take photos of the street sign that says 2hrs. I would also ring Parkmagic and explain your situation. Ask them for a printed record of your call and payment - this should include the time of your call. Compare this to the time of the parking ticket.

If you're right, I'd photocopy the evidence and drop/post it to City Hall.

I know this is a bit of work, but I'd be pro-active on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cat0001

Thanks Blindsider.

I didn't think of taking photos. I've sent in the printout of the parkmagic transactions for the two occasions in question with the letter of appeal. But I will ring parkmagic too for that letter just in case they might think I've typed it up myself.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I have a resident's permit and got a ticket for not displaying a parking disc the other day too. I got an appeal form from the City Hall and sent it in with photos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement