Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread - Ramble on

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

FINE!

Yesterday was the anniversary of the plane crash that killed Richie Valens, the big bopper and Buddy Holly.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/02/03/remembering-february-3-1959-the-day-the-music-died

Massively influential artist, who knows how influential he would have been if he had lived just a bit longer?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lm7dTSL.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

The Rats @ The Marquee?

I dunno. Listened to interview on John Murray yesterday. Really, they should retire. It was painful to listen to.

5pgtwiK.jpg

Perhaps should rename the thread in my time of dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

May's Classic Rock is just out, got a big feature on Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy. 40 years old :eek:
    Took me a while to get into this album initially but grew on me eventually and I love it now. Fabulous intro to the album and I love Over the hills and far away.

Magazine also features articles on Dark side of the moon, Aladdin Sane (Bowie) and Mad Season (got this album a few months ago, great album).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What's got 2 thumbs and a ticket to ZZ Top this summer?

THIS GUY!

<points at self with thumbs>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Sarky wrote: »

THIS GUY!

Is it sold out? I tried the abomination of the Ticketmaster website but I'm still awaiting a response

THIS GUY!

Nice one. At 35 squid, they're a steel.
    --Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Is it sold out? I tried the abomination of the Ticketmaster website but I'm still awaiting a response

No. Tickets available (standing) right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I wasn't able to get standing tickets before, Ticketmaster don't seem to really be master of anything, let alone tickets.

I wasn't able to get standing tickets before, Ticketmaster don't seem to really be master of anything, let alone tickets.

Apparently they're "best available" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Naraka

I got two standing tickets for ZZ Top last Thursday. Should be a cracker. I've heard people complaining about the sound in the Marquee, bit I saw Tom Petty there last year and Neil Young a few years back, and the sound was spot on for both gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey folks, how much are ZZ Top tickets going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Naraka

They're around €35 plus fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

that's not too bad, thinking of taking herself to see them because she's quite a fan. :D I'm not hugely into them myself, but she has a bluray of one of their concerts and they were pretty cool so it could be a good show ;)

• Advertisement

Advertisement