Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very High Data Traffic

Options
  • 12-12-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

After receiving my bill, I was baffled by the horrific over usage on my downloads. I somehow managed to use 12Gb on both the 12th of Nov 2012 and the 12th of Oct 2012. Is this some sort of 2012 joke which cost me €80. Plus I CANNOT download 12gb in ONE day on a 1.0meg connection. Eircom, wth!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Did someone hack your wifi ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

DoktorFrog wrote: »
    After receiving my bill, I was baffled by the horrific over usage on my downloads. I somehow managed to use 12Gb on both the 12th of Nov 2012 and the 12th of Oct 2012. Is this some sort of 2012 joke which cost me €80. Plus I CANNOT download 12gb in ONE day on a 1.0meg connection. Eircom, wth!

Hi DoktorFrog

I am afraid we only track the amount / volume of usage. eircom do not monitor the type of usage ie: streaming, downloading or the websites that customers visit. Have you set up a personal password for your wireless access? Can you have a look through this link here to improve your wireless security.

The best advice i can offer is to follow this link to view the times and date of files downloaded as this will give you a better indication of when and what was downloaded.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement