Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I pay for Part L spec consulting

Options
  • 12-12-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

As a self-builder, I need a qualified person to spec out the insulation/heating values of my 4100 sq ft house plans, including Part L spec. How much should I expect to pay for the service? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Doctor_L

Your local energy agency should be able to give you an approx figure on this and could recommend some people in your area. They might even be able to do this for you.

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Although 2 years ago. I had a similar issue. I eventually god a ber assessor that was part of a heat company. I got unbiased info. Delighted with it but I also need some extra advice on the best heating and plumbing requirement. This was difficult and I spent several months trying to work out the most effective system. Went back to oil but it did prove difficult to pass the building regs as I needed a lot of solar and wood burners.
    My build was post Celtic tiger but Still there were a lot of quick bucl merrchants out there. Hopefuly you will have more info at your disposal now.
    Probably one of the most important but time consuming part of the build with a lot of the research being dumped once a decision was made.
    Problably the best few grand spent was airtightness amd testing. Still believe the mhrv was over priced for what it does.

Advertisement