Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find it impossible to switch GAS&Elect to EI

Options
  • 12-12-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi, I've tried to switch from Bord Gais online at: https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/dualNew.htm?execution=e2s4

It gets as far as the second step where I enter my MPRN, GPRN, readings and etc, when I enter all information and click continue it goes back to the same page (no error message or any indication that something is missing), I've also tried both IE9 and FF but get same result.
    I've rung sales and got to Electricity where I was told to hang up and ring again and ask for Gas as they can switch both(?!?), I'm now on hold for about 15 minutes.
    More updates to follow as I"m about to hang up.

Update: I got through after 20 minutes on hold, I'm told now that I need to ring sales (they're open until 8pm and I was given the run around from 19:30 only to be told at 20:11 that I need to ring another number tomorrow) as the GAS rep can only set up the account but she can't tell me what rates per unit will I pay, and if she sets it up I'll have to ring in 20 working days and talk to sales about possible discounts (to a rate that she wouldn't disclose and I'm not sure if it'll be what on bonkers.ie) and that they won't be able to backdate.

Are they pushing me to Airtricity/Flogas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Arikv,

Very sorry to read you are having such difficulty switching - I can appreciate your frustration; this is unusual. If you wish, do forward me your name, address and MPRN/GPRN and I will liaise with Sales to assist you.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

Thanks Una, just did.
    Update: 14/12 I'm now switched to Electric Ireland with Una's help.

Advertisement