Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting for leaving cert ?

Options
  • 12-12-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering what accounting is like for the leaving cert. Im in transition and year and i want to move but would both business and accounting be too much ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Cdog33 wrote: »
    Just wondering what accounting is like for the leaving cert. Im in transition and year and i want to move but would both business and accounting be too much ?
    I do accounting and I love it. It's a very easy subject to do well in once you get the hang of it. Others in my class do both business and accounting and they're fine, I don't think it would be too much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LauraMcN

Its great, if you are in anyway good at business in 3rd year do it, 5th year is really easy, you would usually do the pass course first, which is basically the same as 3rd year! The higher course is tricky but if you stick to it, it will come to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cdog33

Thanks for your replies. Ill be planning to do higher level. Never even remotely understood ledgers and trial balances is there much of that on it ? I liked profit and loss and balance sheets. I really appreciate your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Cdog33 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. Ill be planning to do higher level. Never even remotely understood ledgers and trial balances is there much of that on it ? I liked profit and loss and balance sheets. I really appreciate your replies.
    I didn't do te ledgers or trial balance at all for junior cert, just the profit and loss and balance sheet and I usually get As now. You need to understand your debits and credits but there are rules (like 2 or 3) for that. It may be confusing at first but once it clicks its grand! There is a full question on p&l and balance sheet which is 100 marks. It's so easy to do well in because the adjustments are usually the exact same but different figures. Same with the other questions. A lot of the paper comes back to final accounts. It's a great subject really! We do topics at a time both pass and honours, the honours questions can be tricky at first but once you do a few you can do them all. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cdog33

I didn't do te ledgers or trial balance at all for junior cert, just the profit and loss and balance sheet and I usually get As now. You need to understand your debits and credits but there are rules (like 2 or 3) for that. It may be confusing at first but once it clicks its grand! There is a full question on p&l and balance sheet which is 100 marks. It's so easy to do well in because the adjustments are usually the exact same but different figures. Same with the other questions. A lot of the paper comes back to final accounts. It's a great subject really! We do topics at a time both pass and honours, the honours questions can be tricky at first but once you do a few you can do them all. Good luck!

Same i just skipped ledgers and i know i will probably cop on eventually but im still wonderin is there much of them on the course ? Thanks i think ill move now but im still a bit wary because it sounds like theres a lot of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement