Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whole School Evaluation

• 12-12-2012 9:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭

Our school expects one this year. I have a number of questions. We don't teach Religion as an exam subject. Has anybody experience of being inspected for Religion as part of WSE?

Also would like to know how much homework in copies should realistically be corrected and the level of notes they expect?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In terms of correcting the copies, they like assessment for learning correction methods, ideally without a grade or mark, with more emphasis on encouraging comments, pointing out what was done well and what could have been done differently to make a better answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Thanks Spurious. Anyone ,though with specific info on a RE inspection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

Has there been a subject inspection in RE? If so, have the recommendations been implemented?

Evidence of student's learning is important and you as a teacher are you facilitating this learning. Formative assessment and constructive feedback on this assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

You could read past inspection reports to give you an idea of what to look for . All available on the website .

Has there been a subject inspection in RE? If so, have the recommendations been implemented?

Evidence of student's learning is important and you as a teacher are you facilitating this learning. Formative assessment and constructive feedback on this assessment.

I appreciate the replies but as stated we dont teach it as an Exam subject-more a catechitical framework ie I did a fair amount on Advent and a service for the departed . I don't get them to do that much copy writing. I keep it discussion based . I also don't give tests. They might tell me to give tests but until that time I think I will hold off. Our school is full of academic under achievers and a lot of us have avoided going through the motions on RE just to tick the boxes.
    I put a lot of work into my classes but Im not going down route of assessment until told so. Just have come to that conclusion lately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

Lockedout wrote: »
    I appreciate the replies but as stated we dont teach it as an Exam subject-more a catechitical framework ie I did a fair amount on Advent and a service for the departed . I don't get them to do that much copy writing. I keep it discussion based . I also don't give tests. They might tell me to give tests but until that time I think I will hold off. Our school is full of academic under achievers and a lot of us have avoided going through the motions on RE just to tick the boxes.
    I put a lot of work into my classes but Im not going down route of assessment until told so. Just have come to that conclusion lately!

Discussion is a form of formative assessment. You are getting students understanding and they are learning from one another. They are learning to develop public speaking skills. They may not be learning the content of the course, but they are learning transferable life skills :)

http://wvde.state.wv.us/teach21/ExamplesofFormativeAssessment.html

Discussion is a form of formative assessment. You are getting students understanding and they are learning from one another. They are learning to develop public speaking skills. They may not be learning the content of the course, but they are learning transferable life skills :)

http://wvde.state.wv.us/teach21/ExamplesofFormativeAssessment.html

The discussion would be based on the curriculum but I really appreciate your comment and link.

Advertisement