Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 3 bed Windows quote - any good?

• 12-12-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi fellow boardsies,

I got a quote for a standard 3 bed semi in Firhouse for Large sitting room window, large front bed, smaller front bed, back bed, landing, rear double french doors, new front door and front porch door - 8K. Cost includes, supply and fitting. Internal make good not included as getting internal insulation put in afterwards. Does not include internal sills either.

Windows are triple glazed, uValue of full window (not just glass) = 0.84. About 18 sq. metres.

It is from a joinery company based in the west.

Not being an expert on windows cost could someone let me know if this is good, bad or average? Can someone PM me if they know of any others who can do good quality windows at a better price?

Very much appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

well, I don't mean to be a pesimest / devils advocate but there are stories about a certain company in the west that supply windows & doors, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056514751

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,577 ✭✭✭✭ted1

James that company is based in the south. Tj Grady are based in the west,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭whizbang

I got almost the same job done 10years ago for a lot less than that, and internal make up also.

seems too much to me..

Advertisement