Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport night buses

Options
  • 12-12-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Dear all,

I will be arriving at the Dublin airport at 23:00, then ~ 1 hour to go through the passport control and get the luggage.

I will need to get the Maynooth, small city on the left from Dublin at night. Do you know any buses that are serving at night and can stop in Maynooth? The bus service is very much appreciated.

Or do you know any taxi service, that I can pre-book to reduce the travel costs. Which one you would recommend?

The worst solution would be to stay at the airport for the whole night. Then do you know the earliest bus that goes to the city centre, from where I can take another one directly to Maynooth. Will it be 6 in the morning?

Thank you for any help!

EDIT: day of arrival is Mo, so no problems with delays of a public transport should be like it is usually on Su.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

A taxi to Maynooth would be atleast 55euro. Most of Dublin Bus and Rail's last journeys begin at 23:30, so I don't think you'd have time to make it into the city center to catch the last DART or one of the buses. I don't think any of the Private buses go out that way although i'm open to correction.

So you can part with 55e+, or if you are on a very tight budget, wait in the airport until the morning and take the 16a or 41 bus to drumcondra, and get the train/DART to Maynooth from Drumcondra train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sophie.sperner

Thank you Voodoo,

If there are no buses, then I would probably wait a while. Bus 41 to Drumcondra is best solution indeed.

Do you know when do they start operating and where is the nearest stop from the Terminal 1? It will be Tu early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I will need to get the Maynooth, small city on the left from Dublin at night.

where is it during the day then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

The Dublin Bus website states that the first 41, in the city center direction departs at 06:00.
    The Stop is listed as Bus interchange which I believe is terminal 1 , or Swords Road for Termial 2. The bus stop numer is 7347 for the interchange, or 3663 for Swords road. So look at the website that morning and it will tell you the exact time it will arrive at the stop.

http://dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=route&searchquery=41

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Here's the train timetable covering trains from Drumcondra station to Maynooth.
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/DublinMaynooth111.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sophie.sperner

Thank you for your help! I've got an idea now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

where is it during the day then?

:D

You can catch the Aircoach from the Airport into the city centre/Drumcondra, but there won't be trains until the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Just to clarify - there ARE direct buses between the Airport and Maynooth, but the last departure is at 23:20 from the airport.

Bus Eireann routes 22 and 23 to Ballina and Sligo are now licensed to carry passengers between the Airport and Maynooth. They depart from zone 12 on the far side of the multi storey car park opposite Terminal 1.

The timetables are here:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1353080613-22.pdf
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1353080614-23.pdf

Basically there are departures via the M50 at:
    0720, 1020, 1120, 1750, 2020, 2250 and 2320.

There are also 3 direct departures via the city centre at 1230, 1530 and 1800.

Fare is €9.80 single or €16.20 return.

Return departures from Maynooth (67 bus terminus near rail station) are at:

Direct via M50:
    0350, 0415, 0450, 0910, 1100, 1510, 1825, 1845, 2050

Via City Centre:
    0945, 1247, 1545

Advertisement