Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victorian Christmas Market at Wicklow Gaol

• 12-12-2012 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering has anybody been to this at all? This year or any other year? It looks great from reading through the website and am planning to take a trip there this weekend and looking for some reviews before we set off as it will be an hour and a half drive there!

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

I'm sorry to say so but I was very disappointed.

If I recall right they charge a tenner for 2 adults for the Gaol.

Correction:
    €12.00 per child with up to two adult
    €5.00 children over 12yrs (not visiting Santa)
    Additional adult’s €5.00 pp

Inside you have some stalls with crafted stuff and Victorian style things but also the usual Christmas gadgets and some dolls on display. A few people in Victorian dresses were running around amusing the visitors. (this was on a weekend)

IMHO: The advertisements and descriptions might lead into certain imagination of a wonderland which is not held up. Even Wicklow town which was described as "transformed into a Victorian village" is pretty much the same with a few shop owners participating into dressing up and decorating the shop windows slightly more tasteful and stylish than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Right on the nose.

It's a nice efford, but has no impression on the rest of the town.

I wouldn't consider it worth travelling for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Haven't been myself but a friend of mine went and said it was a waste of time. She said there were just a few stalls selling sweets and 'fluffy stuff'?!
    She didn't have to pay in though?

Advertisement