Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky broadband

• 12-12-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭

heard something abt sky doing broadband?? any truth in it and at what price if they are?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Go to sky and register. Also visit the bargain alerts forum for more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately I don't think they are offering an alternative to UPC fibre here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Theyre Just reselling eircom/bt broadband effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

ah right...was hoping they would be doing some good deals etc..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    ah right...was hoping they would be doing some good deals etc..:rolleyes:

€27.50 for the same as Vodafone at. €49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mpurcell2004

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    heard something abt sky doing broadband?? any truth in it and at what price if they are?

I have had Sky broadband for over a week now and I have to admit I am not happy. I was promised double the speed I had with Eircom and so far I am getting an average of 50-60% of the Eircom speed. The router supplied seems to be old tech in a fancy sky box and drops wifi way too often.

Don't hurry into changing over just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

I have had Sky broadband for over a week now and I have to admit I am not happy. I was promised double the speed I had with Eircom and so far I am getting an average of 50-60% of the Eircom speed. The router supplied seems to be old tech in a fancy sky box and drops wifi way too often.

Just my rotten luck in life. I was hoping and praying to get rid of wimax - this is Not good news. Back to square one. Dammit - we were born to suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Im interest in joining sky at the minute. Would you mind telling me

Where are you located?
    What speed were you getting with eircom?
    Is the router not an N type one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

have any of ye tried magnet broadband im with them 3year now and i couldnt be happier great speed great price and great customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

have any of ye tried magnet broadband im with them 3year now and i couldnt be happier great speed great price and great customer service

Hi Laura

Just wondering what part of the city you are in? Moving soon to Annacotty and thinking about getting Magnet (due to the one month rolling contract). Impossible to figure out if their service would be good there.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I seem to be having a completely different experience with Sky Broadband.

We've had it since just before Christmas and we're getting the same speed as we had with Vodafone and consistent service. With Vodafone it was dropping out almost every day, but no problems so far with Sky. On top of that, we're saving €25 a month too :)

Advertisement