Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sneaky characters on the prowl

Options
  • 12-12-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

3 young toe rags doing the rounds i the Aghade,Ardattin,Altamount areas..calling into what they thought were empty houses,when approached they asked if any work needed doing around the house blah blah .Driving black Audi or BMW ,gardai in Tullow have been notified.SO KEEP YER EYES OPEN BE ALERT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

5483210098_716a877458.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

5483210098_716a877458.jpg

Deering and Phelan look lovingly into their Masters eyes. Ready to do anything he tells them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Deering and Phelan look lovingly into their Masters eyes. Ready to do anything he tells them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

They're doing it alphabetically it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    They're doing it alphabetically it seems.

Think L comes before r but I could be wrong :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

This time we have a white ford fiesta (old model) ,this has been seen at the last house to be burgled recently.The black audi or bmw is also making house calls again to what they think are unoccupied homes and making a quick exit when they see there is someone home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 teddymc

On the
    Staplestown Road and
    St. Killians Crescent, 2 lad's knocking on doors. If they get no answer they jump the back wall. My father ran them, But he was scared they said the were just cutting threw the gardens.

About ten mins later he heard another neighbour shouting at them saying he was calling the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

s?umbags,,i can see some prowler/robber getting seriously hurt if they happen to try/enter the wrong home.If it happened to these different guys would it make them think twice. *Mod note,no inciting to unlawfulness, please*

Some day some one of these people will trespass right into an owner with a shotgun.

Then there will be a lot of family homes feeling a lot safer at night.

Trying to watch how you put something so you don't get a ban is quiet hard.

But I think we all have the same idea of what needs to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

teddymc wrote: »
    On the Staplestown Road and
    St. Killians Crescent, 2 lad's knocking on doors. If they get no answer they jump the back wall. My father ran them, But he was scared they said the were just cutting threw the gardens.

About ten mins later he heard another neighbour shouting at them saying he was calling the Gardai.

:O :( What times have they being doing that at? Because I live on the Browneshill Road, and am on my own in the house in the evenings sometimes. Im nervous now that they might come up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

I heard tonight that toughers filling station on staplestown rd had an attempted robbed on Sunday nite Monday morning there was 4 lads in the shop when the guards came and caught them.
    I was told that they were 4 lads from Wexford and the youngest was 17.

Anybody else hear anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 teddymc

rox5 wrote: »
    :O :( What times have they being doing that at? Because I live on the Browneshill Road, and am on my own in the house in the evenings sometimes. Im nervous now that they might come up here.

It was around 2pm this afternoon. They just have no fear of anything.

I say if you hear anything call the Gardai day or night don't worry about it be a false alarm. The more times the Gardai are seen to be around the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

steder wrote: »
    I heard tonight that toughers filling station on staplestown rd had an attempted robbed on Sunday nite Monday morning there was 4 lads in the shop when the guards came and caught them.

They would all have been back home in time for breakfast instead of thrown into a stinking cess-pit of a cell with a bowl of porridge.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They would all have been back home in time for breakfast instead of thrown into a stinking cess-pit of a cell with a bowl of porridge.

Your right.

They have know fear because there is no real punishment!

ganger wrote: »
    s?umbags,,i can see some prowler/robber getting seriously hurt if they happen to try/enter the wrong home.If it happened to these different guys would it make them think twice. *Mod note,no inciting to unlawfulness, please*
    This isnt an incitement to anything ,,,its my opinion .I didnt advocate unlawfulness ,im pointing out the unlawfulness that is sweeping this county like most others in Ireland at present.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

From the charter:
    Querying a moderator's actions on thread is not permitted as it drags threads off topic. However there are a number of paths of appeal you can take. If you are unhappy with a moderator's actions then private message the moderator in question to query it.

Read the thread,try and understand why it was started.Its about thieves /burglers.If my post is mis-understood ask for clarification,i will gladly trying to explain.Making an assumption and then blowing about it ,is a little silly.

Some day some one of these people will trespass right into an owner with a shotgun.

Then there will be a lot of family homes feeling a lot safer at night.

Trying to watch how you put something so you don't get a ban is quiet hard.

But I think we all have the same idea of what needs to happen.
    You can say that again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

The other day I was driving out of my estate and stopped at the exit where it meets the main road. I saw a scruffy lad in a hoody(wearing it up over his head) ring the doorbell of the house at the entrance of the estate and he legged it around the side/back of the house and hopped over the low wall. The scruffy lad saw me stop my car and observe him. When the occupier of the house answered I let my window down and told him I saw a lad ring his bell and leg it around the back...he looked surprised and went indoors-am not even sure if he heard me properly. I did initially wonder if it was a friend of his playing a prank but thought I'd wait at the junction to see if someone answered to say it to them regardless as the guy who rang the doorbell looked dodgy. I saw the same guy in the same hoody (wearing it over his head) walking up the road where my estate is a couple of days later and he saw me observe him again as I drove past him.

• Advertisement

Spangles wrote: »
    The other day I was driving out of my estate and stopped at the exit where it meets the main road. I saw a scruffy lad in a hoody(wearing it up over his head) ring the doorbell of the house at the entrance of the estate and he legged it around the side/back of the house and hopped over the low wall. The scruffy lad saw me stop my car and observe him. When the occupier of the house answered I let my window down and told him I saw a lad ring his bell and leg it around the back...he looked surprised and went indoors-am not even sure if he heard me properly. I did initially wonder if it was a friend of his playing a prank but thought I'd wait at the junction to see if someone answered to say it to them regardless as the guy who rang the doorbell looked dodgy. I saw the same guy in the same hoody (wearing it over his head) walking up the road where my estate is a couple of days later and he saw me observe him again as I drove past him.

:O When did this all happen? I live in the same area with my sister, and sometime I go home to an empty house for my lunch. Jesus, Im terrified now if i bump into that guy....

:O When did this all happen? I live in the same area with my sister, and sometime I go home to an empty house for my lunch. Jesus, Im terrified now if i bump into that guy....

It was a little over a week ago, can't be sure of the day but it was mid afternoon...I don't mean to alarm anyone but saw the thread so thought I'd mention what I saw...

Spangles wrote: »
    It was a little over a week ago, can't be sure of the day but it was mid afternoon...I don't mean to alarm anyone but saw the thread so thought I'd mention what I saw...

No, Im glad you said something, coz I am originally from the countryside, so I am still a little naive about what happens in the town.

The more alerts the better is my motto then we can warn our friends and neighbours even if they are false alarms.

No, Im glad you said something, coz I am originally from the countryside, so I am still a little naive about what happens in the town.

Its good to be vigilant but try not to worry. I would think they are targeting empty houses or those who leave their back doors unlocked so they can nip in and out quickly whilst the occupier is answering the front door....

Those of us who live on our own especially should probably try and keep the back door locked unless we're out back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

And the front door too,ours needs to be locked as you just push down the handle otherwise

We all will have to start community alert/ neighbourhood watch in our own areas ,neighbours try and meet and set it up.We will have to be more alert and keep and eye open .With the limited resources gardai have now ,its up to homeowners/nieghbours to try and stand up and try and curb this crime wave,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ganger wrote: »
    We all will have to start community alert/ neighbourhood watch in our own areas ,neighbours try and meet and set it up.We will have to be more alert and keep and eye open .With the limited resources gardai have now ,its up to homeowners/nieghbours to try and stand up and try and curb this crime wave,
    as long as we don't have to go all american about it and start patrolling with assault weapons!

ye, that could be a possiblity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

steder wrote: »

It was in the Nationalist last week about it.

Advertisement