Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sneaky characters on the prowl

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

The front paper of today's Nationalist makes a statement to me not that these sneaky characters were caught which is great news.

But that they are prepared to attack a Garda!! If they are prepared to do that to law enforcement what are they willing to do to a member of the public who sees them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It's so sad to see so much fear expressed on this thread, but as we know these types don't fear the law. I have a good, viscious dog, best burglar alarm there is. A garda friend advised me to defend myself, they can't be everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 teddymc

madmaggie wrote: »
    It's so sad to see so much fear expressed on this thread, but as we know these types don't fear the law. I have a good, viscious dog, best burglar alarm there is. A garda friend advised me to defend myself, they can't be everywhere.

Not sure if it's fear but its always good to be vigilant and with the internet now there is another way to let people know what is going on. So many people commute or work shifts these days so knocking on a neighbors doors or ringging around is added to by posting on Facebook or some where like Boards.ie Plenty of people read these fourms but don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

I caught 2? lads trying to get into my house on Sunday morning 4am , poleaxed one of them with a hurley across the hand as it came through the broken pane in back door to try open the lock , unfortunately could not find the keys to the back door to give chase fast enough , jumped out the back window and chased them ,but it was to late they were gone.

Wrong house lads.

Edit: Did not bother to ring the Gards as they are totally useless , I would like to see the amount of convictions/arrests vs the amount of burglaries in Carlow , something tells me it's in the region of 1000 - 0

Advertisement