Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Channel Apes Boards.ie Weather Forum in Naming Blizzards.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

25/01/12 'It Came Out of Nowhere!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

2nd of February
    after the church calender of feast days,......the Feock express

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Last 12 hours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtUtXLdGJb5dGw3M0tXMlZCSjhGSTlyNGl6amwtcVE#gid=0

Some dates are double booked so I will give those entrants the opportunity to change to a free date between close ( at midnight ) and 0z on the 22nd of December,

On the 23rd I will resolve remaining conflicted dates ...in favour of the best name as per the rules.

Once you have an exclusive date I will accept name changes up to Midnight on Christmas day, posted in this thread.

Decisions on whether an event at 2 Synoptic stations on a date constitute a sufficiency of snow to warrant a Blizzard Name Activation shall be left to the mods who have NOT entered the competition. I'm done as and from the final names roundup on the 26th of December.

And the best of luck getting into the history books in late December and January.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭weathermaiden

I want to reserve 29 Jan 2013.... name TBA!

Ok, it won't let me edit so I want to call it "SnOw.M.G."... ("Icy" what you did there.) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

06/01/13

Snowphies White-out B-day Blizzard

(In honour of my daughters birthday)
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Last 12 hours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtUtXLdGJb5dGw3M0tXMlZCSjhGSTlyNGl6amwtcVE#gid=0

Some dates are double booked so I will give those entrants the opportunity to change to a free date between close ( at midnight ) and 0z on the 22nd of December,

On the 23rd I will resolve remaining conflicted dates ...in favour of the best name as per the rules.

Once you have an exclusive date I will accept name changes up to Midnight on Christmas day, posted in this thread.

Decisions on whether an event at 2 Synoptic stations on a date constitute a sufficiency of snow to warrant a Blizzard Name Activation shall be left to the mods who have NOT entered the competition. I'm done as and from the final names roundup on the 26th of December.

And the best of luck getting into the history books in late December and January.

Sponge B - you don't appear to have pre-booked my date 6-1-13 see my post quoted. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

13.01.13 snow way out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

15/1/13 "where did that come from :) "

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

"Call that a blizzard.........THIS is a blizzard"!!!!!

Thats all the entries . Check to see whether I got them right.

Two dates are conflicted.

13 Jan Defcol vs Karl Tyrell
    26 Jan Vic Watson vs Calibos

If anyone wants to select an unused (blue) date I will deconflict that way.

You have until the 25 December 0z to deconflict. Post alt.date ( any of the blue ones) in here. Otherwise I'll judge. :)
    You have until the 01 January 0z to name a 'better' storm on your date , by posting in the thread if your date is marked green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

notnumber wrote: »
    The great sleet/snow on the hills, rain at lower levels blizzard of 2012.

no seriously on the remote off chance it occurs..

23rd Dec The James's Day Blizzard of 2012.

Woops too early..I'll take 27/1/13 with the same name.Ta

• Advertisement

Seeing as you were in already thats done.

Advertisement