Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Medieval Architecture

• 12-12-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm a second year Architectural Technology Student at the University of Northampton in England. As part of our assignment we have to write a report on Medieval Architecture and being from Kilkenny I would like to write a piece based upon places that have meaning to me and from where I'm from such as Kilkenny Castle, Jerpoint Abbey, St Canice's and St Mary's Cathedrals. I was wondering if anybody has a knowledge of the Medieval Architecture of Kilkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is so much wrong with that post...Sorry OP, but using Boards as a research tool for university is a bit like using Wikipedia. You are not going to be able to reference answers for a start. You could make a great start by googling, and it might at least lead you in directions you can quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 richardburke91

I wasn't going to take what somebody said in a post, copy and paste it into a word document and then print it. But lets say if someone came on here with some useful information not just time wasting, like for instance someone might say well there's a good book published by ... entitled... and it has references to architecture in Kilkenny. Obviously I'm not sitting on my posterior waiting for someone else to write my assignment. Its called being resourceful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

There is a book specific to architecture of Kilkenny I used in a project but for the life of me I can't remember what it is called

this seems at least vaguely useful though

http://www.heritagecouncil.ie/fileadmin/user_upload/Publications/Education/kilkenny_book_l_res.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Try these guys for material to reference. There's been a lot of work done in recent times and they might have good reports about the medieval period.
    http://www.kilkennyarchaeology.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hi Richard, try going into Rothe House on google, it might add to what you have been given.
    Have a great Christmas, if you are home sick there is a short video on christma sin kilkenny, nice.
    Take care, regards, are you related to the Burkes of Sevenhouses?

• Advertisement
Advertisement