Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to go into 2nd year, did 1st year in a different college

Options
  • 13-12-2012 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I know applications don't open for another month or so, but if I already have 1st year done in a HND 2 year course from a different college, could I apply to do 2nd year in Ballyfermot? If so, do I just apply like everyone else or how do I let them know it's only 2nd year I want to go into? I know chances are there probably won't be a place unless someone dropped out in 1st year but it's worth a try I suppose.

Do different colleges do the same classes in 1st year? 'Cause I'm not sure if maybe they do the classes in a different order so I would have some done and then miss out on some in 2nd year or something. I looked on the website and most classes are the same names but some are different but it's for the same HND so I don't really know how it would work..

Also I did an interview there for the course I'm on about last year, didn't get the course though which is why I did it in a different college, but I still wanna go to Ballyfermot so that's why I'm thinkin about applying for 2nd year there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Almost certain you cant join a course half way through in BCFE. You would have missed a full years work even if you do a similar course, it wouldnt have been what was covered in BCFE

• Registered Users Posts: 13 i hate picking usernames

Almost certain you cant join a course half way through in BCFE. You would have missed a full years work even if you do a similar course, it wouldnt have been what was covered in BCFE

But I didn't do a similar course, I did the same course.. like I said it's a 2 year HND, I just did the 1st year in a different college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

A HND is 16 modules picked from something similar to 40.

Some of these are core modules.

Your problem here which you mention yourself is did you cover the same core modules in your first year? If you didnt, I would not expect you to be allowed to skip.

I appreciate that you have done the 1st year of the same course but it is not the same course. Modules are different and where they are core, when they are delivered is different. I would imagine if you missed out on just one of the 1st year modules that you could be asked to start from year one, unless you get your negotiating hat on as from a financial point of view, money is money :p

If you have the correct core modules under your belt and confirmed results from the external examiner from your first year then I would imagine you could have something to work off here.

Have you contacted the module coordinator?

Advertisement