Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle problems - books showing twice on android app

Options
  • 13-12-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone will have a fix for this.

I have the Kindle app on both my Nexus7 and my Touchpad (running CyanogenMod). I've side loaded about 30 books (all .mobi), and I've also bought a few books direct from Amazon. About half the books show up twice in the Kindle, and if I try to delete the "copy", both versions of the book get deleted from the Kindle. I've checked in file explorer in the Kindle folder on both devices, and only one copy of the book is there.

Has anyone experienced this? Any fixes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

ToadVine wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone will have a fix for this.

I have the Kindle app on both my Nexus7 and my Touchpad (running CyanogenMod). I've side loaded about 30 books (all .mobi), and I've also bought a few books direct from Amazon. About half the books show up twice in the Kindle, and if I try to delete the "copy", both versions of the book get deleted from the Kindle. I've checked in file explorer in the Kindle folder on both devices, and only one copy of the book is there.

Has anyone experienced this? Any fixes?

I had exactly the same problem with Kindle on a Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5 and posted on dozens of Android forums looking for an answer - to no avail!!

When you first sideload a book does it appear only once, but when you've opened the book and then closed it (or the Kindle app) it appears twice when reopened?
    I think it's because when you open a book a second file (I think its .opf) is created to track progress, bookmarks etc. I think this file has the book cover embedded - hence two covers!

I never solved the problem but it led me to a better solution - use FB reader!

I have FB Reader on my Nexus 7 and it's the best book reader out there - you can choose from a wider variety of fonts, you can set all margins to zero - meaning you get a full page of text equivalent to a paperback, unlike Kindle which has large margins no matter how you set it up. You can even adjust font-size down to individual point-size!!

Advertisement