Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to bloodstock

• 13-12-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Me and a couple of mates are going to head over to bloodstock next year but we were wondering what is the quickest (and cheapest :p) way of getting from Dublin to bloodstock. Anyone here done it before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

We got the public bus from Dublin to Birmingham before. It was cheap but certainly wasn't quick. If you drive/get the bus you can bring your own tent and everything etc. Look around online for buses going from Birmingham to the festival site/Derby.

If you fly in it's about the same distance from Birmigham or East Midlands airport, 20 miles apparently. Tents are cheap anyway, so you can just leave them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Think we may get the bus, how long did It take?

Oh I can't remember. It isn't the actual bus that takes long, it's the time spent waiting for the bus/ferry that makes it add up. It was longer for us cause we had to get a bus down to Dublin too.

You might be lucky with the timing. Just go onto buseireann and click the eurolines link.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Was over there this year. A great few days had. Took the car on the ferry. As we have decent camping equipment, it was the best way to go for us. Four in the car and split travel costs where possible. Good craic that way, and you can have the tunes blasting etc. Roll on and roll off the ferry and no lugging stuff around on your back. I understand this option isn't suitable for everyone though.

Yeah my Dad is taking my brother and I to download this Summer so it means no bus, driving was cool last time cause even though the drive still took ages Radio 1 was playing nothing but download bands and talking about download all the way which made it exciting.

A few of the lads are thinking of going to this with Log and Slayer headlining it's a pretty good deal but so far the undercard seems a bit weak, and I usually prefer the Hevy festival line up that's on like a week before, reckon I'll hit one of the two this year though but I'll be holding out a few more announcements before deciding.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips lads, due to the lack of a car between us we'll be getting the bus :p

Thanks for the tips lads, due to the lack of a car between us we'll be getting the bus :p

Actually just talking to a couple of the lads earlier and there's a good chance we might be on it too now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

Handiest way is fly to Birmingham, get the train from the airport to lichfield then get the shuttle bus to the festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maybe, just maybe, we'll be heading over to this, will be driving and will have 2 spaces in the car, will know for sure by end of Jan at latest. (It's either bloodstock or a fortnight in Greece)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

yeah, I 2nd what demixed said - I've been to a few Bloodstocks & definitely fly to Birmingham Airport, get the train to Lichfield & the shuttlebus to the gig. Very easy & quick.

Flew to Eastmidlands Airport once & was a right pain getting there, as all the taxis cost a fortune.

Great gig & you get there so quickly compared to any of the European Festivals.

• Advertisement

I know it's been a while but just thought I'd update this by saying I now have my bloodstock ticket but don't have a ferry ticket (yet :p) if there's anyone out there with 3 spaces in a car we'll gladly pay you for a lift though :p

Quick question lads, does the price of the bus eireann return ticket include the ferry?

Great live stream from the site, most main stage acts too

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12kc97_live-steam-bloodstock-festival-2013_music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Jesus, seems like an eternity since the early indoor days. Loved them so much.

thanks for the link.

Anthrax currently ripping it up on the stream, Slayer next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Jesus, seems like an eternity since the early indoor days. Loved them so much.

thanks for the link.

Yeah I loved the indoor one, was only at it the once, but it was great fun. Miss the outdoor one too, haven't been in the last 3 years.

Advertisement