Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler friendly coffee shop

Options
  • 13-12-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all.
    My favorite coffee shop in Galway is about to close its doors. BB's in Leisureland. Its not that the coffee is amazing or even good value but there is a soft play area in the corner for toddlers and my high energy 2 year old adores it and I get to have a coffee, feed the baby (who loves watching the other kids) or chat on the phone while he throws himself around the place and knackers himself out on a rainy day.
    Is there any other coffee shop in Galway with this facility? I know monkey business but I need to keep following him as he's only 2 and I have a small baby too, and its for bigger kids (who don't mind the dust and dirt under the play frames!!) and Busy Bees is perfect (and clean!)in Oranmore is a bit too far to travel.
    Has anyone any suggestions???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Supermacs, Eyre Sq and Headford Rd. Coffee decent and cheap from COFFEE bar not main counter and kids play area.

I KNOW you would never think it ....but look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

An Tobar Nua on Dominick street, big cafe, lovely view of the canal, kid friendly, has a few high seats too if you want one for feeding time. Gets mental busy between 1 and 2 tuesday to friday but pretty relaxed otherwise, even has a "quiet room" down the back where you can go for peace and quiet if the main cafe is busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

A good few of my friends and myself will miss BB's for just the same reason - it's the best place to go with small kids. We are hoping that whatever opens up in there does keep the play area but I suppose it is unlikely.

There isn't anywhere with a play area that I can think of.

We will probably go to the Salthill hotel and sit in the lobby. It's usually quiet during the day so the kids have a bit of space, and it has parking, but it's not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 snic

Arabica in edward square has a great play area and they have a lovely kids menu with all the stuff just 2.50! have 2 busy little women and they love it in there! name has change lately but its same owners i think. spotted that they have baby food and microwave in there too that u can buy/use! great idea i thought! pity not more toddler friendly places in galway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

snic wrote: »
    Arabica in edward square has a great play area and they have a lovely kids menu with all the stuff just 2.50! have 2 busy little women and they love it in there! name has change lately but its same owners i think. spotted that they have baby food and microwave in there too that u can buy/use! great idea i thought! pity not more toddler friendly places in galway!!
    is that the shopping centre with the entrance from Eyre Square?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

How about subway in Galway shipping centre- they have a ball cage thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

I've always assumed you had to pay for the play area in Subway... anyone know for sure?

The play area in Arabica is tiny! (Unless they have changed it since I was in there) Not really somewhere small kids can burn off energy, its more just a little cubbyhole with a few toys in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 snic

dineenp its the one off shopstreet where next/topshop etc are. its in a little lane down between warehouse and awear but u can also access it through the shopping center near the vodafone shop :)
    its a bit of a cubby hole i suppose but its better that what is supplied in the other places around town..... nothing!!
    the play area in subway belongs to Planet so u have to pay for that.
    there isnt really a play area in supermacs in headford rd sc now, its just kiddy friendly seats really and a few game things on the wall but my two were not interested tbh! bit dissapointing cause that was really great :)

Advertisement