Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV3 Psychic Readings Live***The Aftermath Thread****

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

...and don't forget; they were supposedly the best of the best.

There were some nights though, when you could get a good insight to the art of 'cold reading'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Septic psychic and sue telling that poor woman she had good news from her cancer results

spookwoman wrote: »
    Septic psychic and sue telling that poor woman she had good news from her cancer results

hey look its spookwoman Hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ahh yes, Carole and her fish fingers. And of course the tale of her red shoes. Sure we couldn't get enough of that story.
    Remember, was it John? and his magic pen. The pen wrote by itself, all he had to do was hold it to the paper, guide it to draw the letters, and spell correctly. Other than that, the pen did all the work. Magic!
    Didn't he also use sand and shells or something? And a twig on a piece of string?
    Oh, there was no end to that man's talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Noooooooooo!! :eek: He gave me nightmares!!!! For the sake of my sanity...I'm trying to pretend he never existed...I was doing OK... until your post gave
    me flashbacks...Oh the horror!!! I need a strong drink or three!!

@ Coolhull..Didn't John have an obsession, with Long John Baldry?

Btw....Who is Long John Baldry ?

He claimed an association of some kind with P. J. Proby.

Auld-Yin wrote: »

Oh yes...yes that's the name I was thinking about...Thanks for clearing that up!!

I'm off to google him!!!

Auld-Yin wrote: »

And 'Gall-way' and the 'black stuff'

Orielle wrote: »
    Oh yes...yes that's the name I was thinking about...Thanks for clearing that up!!

I'm off to google him!!!

Famous for splitting his tight trousers (aka pants) during a show.

Good voice; in my opinion.

Had a big hit with 'Hold Me' but I preferred the 'b' side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

coolhull wrote: »
    And 'Gall-way' and the 'black stuff'

MAGIC PEN John knew all the counties in Ireland, and used to say he got a feeling that Waterford or Cavan or another county would ring in. He used to mention Temple Bar as well..Must have had a map of Ireland.

Then every night he would recite like a ritual.. ''I am married to Mary McLoughlin for 40 years, yes for 40 years''

Then as Auld Yin said earlier he would split his pants so he was given the name Fragrant John.

Uncle Fester (the red magician) was fairly straightforward but had very little English.

Orielle Wayne was on at the very start of these shows..he was, in my opinion, a bit sleazy. He would often mention Duvet Dancing and he would think it was hilarious. Keith Barry offered him a bet to prove he was for real, but he did not take him up on it, I wonder why. He never appeared again after that in the later shows. He was also the one who got the first troll from a guy who pretended he was in a gang in Michigan..it was only towards the end Wayne said Is your name Will..Then he copped the troll that the guy was pretending to be Will Smith from the Fresh Prince of Bell Air. Then the guy told him to button up his shirt.

JUMP ON
    she was so funny...someone counted and that night she said it nearly fifty times.

:):):)

Oh...I would love to have had the Wayne experience...he sounds like a real character...He also sounds a bit thick, if he didn't realize that he
    was being fed the plot of a TV show, where did these people get the nerve to do what they did:mad:

FRAGRANT JOHN :)....I had forgotten all about him...but when I read your post, it all came flooding back to me....so thanks for the memories BMollie........I think. Now I must go and lie down in a darkened room:eek:

Wayne to woman caller : "Hello my darling"

Woman: "I'm not your darling, or anyone else's darling"

That unsettled him a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I think the best achievement was when boards and others trolled the show, so much, that they replaced the talking to the psychic with "3 Answers" with cards and no questions, you got cut off after saying HI. It got that bad :D

I remember someone ringing up saying i think its terrible that the show is being trolled so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Flathan giving the boardies a shout out was awesome too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sappy post ahead:

Did I ever thank you guys?

That summer was, well, let's just say I wasn't in a good place. And honestly, having this thread to look forward to every night really was great. I dunno, it gave me something to focus on other than my own sh*t.

I'll always have fond memories of taking the piss out of Wayne.

And even fonder special memories of Katerina... :P

So yeah, thanks to everyone who contributed to the threads. Spook, Auld Yin, JamesReeves, OMIH, coolhull, BMollie, Mr E... everyone, you all rock.

I hope sincerely, that things have improved for you now WNolan1992 :))

Awh WNolan1992 I hope you're in a much better place now and that things are going good.

if ya ever need an ear ... send me a PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sound lads. I'm grand now. I rang Flathan one night and he told me I'd meet the love of my life and win the euromillions and develop a condition that would make me literally crap money. Since then I've been much more cheerful and am just patiently waiting. :pac:

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Sound lads. I'm grand now. I rang Flathan one night and he told me I'd meet the love of my life and win the euromillions and develop a condition that would make me literally crap money. Since then I've been much more cheerful and am just patiently waiting. :pac:

If you're crapping money... you're welcome to take a S**t on my front lawn :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »

If you're ever out on the street and you get 'short-taken', you can use my toilet anytime, you don't even have to flush. In fact, please don't flush :)
    Seriously, wnolan, glad you're back in control. Keep well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

If you're ever out on the street and you get 'short-taken', you can use my toilet anytime, you don't even have to flush. In fact, please don't flush :)

Do not flush until you have spoken with a professional turd reader. For only 99.99 you can hear about your love life and future wealth prospects

It would be a pity to let this thread die again, at least for a little while can we keep it going?
    Anyone else got any memories of that amazing time in Irish history?

:eek:
    ...that amazing time in Irish hitory?

I would have chosen a different wording, unfortunately it would be a breach of the forum terms & conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

Ha I remember Psychic Readings Live, does anyone know where I get the videos of them? I used to watch them on spookwomans youtube until ESO TV took them down..

Ah those were the days, when trolling was an honourable profession :D

332624.gif

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas to you also....I wasn't here for as long as most of you...but I still miss this place...with its wit,
    merry banter, and crazy posts in Hungarian & morse code...it was (in my opinion) the most interesting & entertaining
    thread on Boards.ie

...or they will be able to screen a lot of cheap, repeated 'junk' and won't need extra income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well, there were three years between PlayTV and PRL, and it's now been nearly three years since PRL was on... ;);)

Great to see some of the old gang on here again :D.
    Some of you I've come across on other threads since, some of you keep a low profile, either way it's nice to meet up again
    If TV3 does pull another stunt like the Irish 'Psychics' Live or the notorious Quiz scam, then we'll arm ourselves again and prepare for battle. In the immortal words of Churchill, '' We shall fight them on the beaches, we shall fight them in the trenches, in the air and on the seas. We shall never surrender'' (or something like that)
    Hope everyone is keeping well, and a Merry Christmas to all :D:D

Ah what for wonderful comments with christmas . Hope y'all had a good one guys.. my sources tell me that the hungarians got some new stock photos from santa :)

Happy New Year you guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

I remember before when PlayTV was on, and they had this tray of (probably fake) €200 notes moving along on it, I decided to call in for the craic, but I was greeted with a Domino's ad so I hung up. I was also happy to find out that €2.50 was on my phone bill for nothing. Glad them shower of c***s are off air! But I miss the prank calls and when they'd quickly hang up acting like nothing happened!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Guys you need help but then again I cant say saying have a hard drive here still will the programs on it Hope everyone had a good one.

Hi....I was here several years ago, when it was the crazy psychics thread...and their mysterious 'powers' It was the most fun thread I have ever been on...I was just wondering if there is anybody still around from those days...and how you guys are keeping.

I'm still around !!

Used to love wasting away many nights watching this and having great craic on Boards.

My favourite moment has to have been when psychic Flathan gave the boardsies a shout out :D:D

anyways ... just googled it, it ended on December 3, 2012 - seems like so long ago.

• Advertisement

I remember Flathan mentioning the boardsies....Wonder what he's up to these days? Nice to know I'm not the only one who checks the thread every so often...Hope life has been good to you guys since those days....Maybe one day we will rise again, to crush TV injustice, like in our heroic past:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Any sign of Tom and his pink tractor?

That was a classic.....and she believed every word.....

I spent a good hour the other night looking at clips of Play TV - holy moly It really was car crash tv!!

and

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I spent a good hour the other night looking at clips of Play TV - holy moly It really was car crash tv!!

and

That reminds me of my time in a call center,used to get customers like that cranky oul wan in the first clip all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Does anyone know why all spookwomans videos are gone. Id love to find them again. They were funny!!! ANyone got the video of the shout out to boardsies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Can't believe it was almost 4 years ago now! Where has the time gone? I'm still about! For my sins I ended up talking to Joe about it at the time! Seems funny now but I was genuinely shocked by the crap they wre giving out to vulnerable people.

It was much better early on when the show producers weren't quite ready for the onsloaught of hoax callers. Remember the guy who rang in to sing the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme? The callers who told the hosts fo 'Fúck off' were great too. The great thing was though that as the producers upped their game and didn't let the obvious hoaxters through, the hoax callers upped their game as well so by the end some of the hoax calls were quite subtle if I remember. the only way you could really tell for sure was if it was a boardsie calling and who posted on here giving a blow by blwo but there were some from outside our ranks trying their hardest too!

Very happy days! I really enjoyed the movement that sprung up here after the show aired!

Still here. Just back after 10 day break.
    Hi everyone.

my god has it been 4 years

good times bloody good time we got no sleep but it was worth

the bastards stole my tractor lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement