Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV3 Psychic Readings Live***The Aftermath Thread****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

flutegirl wrote: »
    Merry Christmas lads, have a good one ;)

Sure we all got a nice early Christmas present from TV3... I'll be sure and raise a glass to Flathan and his cohorts tomorrow. :P

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Vot for a vunderful day, happy christmas dahlink boardies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,988 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Remember 28th at 11.40 tv3 bai statement on last batch of upheld complaints

spookwoman wrote: »

Cheers.

I'd actually forgotten. :o

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Tune in earlier. They have several options.

Cut the credits on the movie (not unusual) and run the statement before the 'ad-break'.
    Run it after 'paid-for ads' and before in-house stuff; or, most likely, run it just before the next program which could start earlier (or later) than listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Back after a short break

Hi y'all! Good to be back in the saddle (ahem!)

Hope everyone on here had a great Christmas.....

Film finished and ads on. Just had to endure that phone sex chat ad

The music in the background is irritating...

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I think they may have to do that again without the fancy background.

Have it recorded will look at it again and write up what was said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Have it recorded will look at it again and write up what was said

Good woman, wasn't able to watch.

Film finished and ads on. Just had to endure that phone sex chat ad

Could this be a trailer for forthcoming 'entertainment' from TV3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I promise not to complain.

The Compliance Committee of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland has considered four complaints concerning TV3'S Psychic Readings Live. The complaints concerned broadcasts on 8th July, 27th August, 5th and 7th September 2012.
    The complainants stated that two of these broadcasts included references to health matters and references that implied that the presenters had actual psychic abilities. The complainants also stated that two of the broadcasts included offensive comments about a named individual and content detailing the private lives of named individuals which were considered inappropriate for broadcasts.
    Following consideration of the complaints, the broadcasts and the response from the broadcaster, the Compliance Committee has agreed to uphold the four complaints. In this regard, the Committee decided that the broadcasts included content contrary to the rules applying to psychic services. In addition, the Committee agreed that the broadcasts included offensive comments about a named individual and referenced to private information which should not have been broadcast. Accordingly, the broadcasts were deemed not to have complied with Sections 3.1.1, 3.3.1, 8.10.2 and 8.10.4 of the BAI General Commercial Communications Code.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Well done and thanks to everyone involved in getting this embarassment off the air

As it is a BAI public information statement ref breach of codes

I maintain that the music in the background was far more distracting than in previous broadcasts...

It was as if we don't give a sh1t type of broadcast.

I doubt many people even saw it. They should do what they do in other countries. Black out the channel for a whole day with nothing only the BAI message on the screen. They would soon learn.

Sound was bad, that swirling logo made it hard to read and reading was rushed.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I maintain that the music in the background was far more distracting than in previous broadcasts...
    Sound was bad, that swirling logo made it hard to read and reading was rushed.

The spinning '3' is distracting. There should be no music, no nothing except the scrolling text on a neutral background and the voiceover.

• Advertisement

First one was the best with white writing on black background and low level music

First one was the best with white writing on black background and low level music

They must've jazzed this one up for Christmas :rolleyes:

Music was like something out of the Teletubbies (fairytale or nursery rhyme music) shows what they think of the complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

It was deliberately done that way so it would blend in.

Anyone half watching would think it was some sort of ad or promotion. Nice pinky/purpley friendly colours, nothing too odd about it and they especially were trying to make it look seasonal so to blend in, hoping it wouldn't be noticed.

Whereas the black & white ones stood out and drew attention.

Screen shot of when logo was clashing with text
    bai.png

The spinning '3' is distracting. There should be no music, no nothing except the scrolling text on a neutral background and the voiceover.
    That's what I thought too. Its a 2-finger gesture to Boardies, but really, who had the last laugh here?

Not TV3, that's for sure

We may get another 1 or 2 statements more :)

The Marys, Kathleens and Bridies must have had a weird Christmas, not having someone to tell them who their next lover would be. And they probably don't appreciate their lower phone bills, poor dears.

coolhull wrote: »
    The Marys, Kathleens and Bridies must have had a weird Christmas, not having someone to tell them who their next lover would be. And they probably don't appreciate their lower phone bills, poor dears.

If they log on here I'll give them my pearls of wisdom for free. ;)

• Advertisement

If they log on here I'll give them my pearls of wisdom for free. ;)
    Ahh, but you haven't got the gift, flute.... Besides, those ould wans would only believe you if you charged them a pile of money.
    (Hope I'm not putting ideas into your head)

Ahh, but you haven't got the gift, flute.... Besides, those ould wans would only believe you if you charged them a pile of money.
    (Hope I'm not putting ideas into your head)

Ker-CHING!!

*runs off to prepare pitch for TV3...well, there is a gap in the market now!*

There have been suggestions that a phone s*x line might be taken up... but don't mention that at your interview.

Unless, of course..........No, lets not even go there!

There have been suggestions that a phone s*x line might be taken up... but don't mention that at your interview.

Unless, of course..........No, lets not even go there!

Ah now lads, can they not bring back the music vids from a few years back???
    I think I'll take my pitch to another channel, can't be associating myself with...that...that... !:pac:

Or repeats of the Six Million Dollar Man, to remind them of the lovely dosh you naughty Boardies made them lose out on.

Course, most of you kids are too young to remember that programme

Or repeats of the Six Million Dollar Man, to remind them of the lovely dosh you naughty Boardies made them lose out on.

Course, most of you kids are too young to remember that programme

Defo showing your age there Coolhull, six million dollars went a long way back in them days I bet! ;)

• Advertisement

Defo showing your age there Coolhull, six million dollars went a long way back in them days I bet! ;)
    In my day, young flutegirll, we knew how to respect our elderly.amd yes, six million dollars would have paid for a fairly good dinner and maybe even a glass of shandy afterwards. (Though not a hand one) lol!

In my day, young flutegirll, we knew how to respect our elderly.amd yes, six million dollars would have paid for a fairly good dinner and maybe even a glass of shandy afterwards. (Though not a hand one) lol!

:eek: Maybe you should pitch to TV3 instead !!! :pac:

:eek: Maybe you should pitch to TV3 instead !!! :pac:
    I've never been so insulted in my life!

I know, I should get out more!

Very best Wishes for the New Year to all you good folks on this thread.
    Have yourselves a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

To be honest IM surprised they haven't one of those babestation type thingys on.. yano the ones with the really hot girls on screen and then the really not girls off screen..

Im convinced that they offscreen girls are old grannys, after watching the channel 4 sex phoneline show

*not suitable for youngones

• Advertisement

To be honest IM surprised they haven't one of those babestation type thingys on.. yano the ones with the really hot girls on screen and then the really not girls off screen..

Im convinced that they offscreen girls are old grannys, after watching the channel 4 sex phoneline show

Where did you find those shows with "hot girls"?

All the ones up 900+ on Sky look fair rough...

Erm.... so I've been told... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

A friend of a friend of a friend ;) told me just quoting them

Looks like I've been missing out on all the good stuff. That what comes from spending all my nights speaking to angels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm surprised TV3 don't show the Tallifornia house live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

They do but it's 1000000 million times poorer than Babestation etc :D I unfortunately work weekend nights and around 3am it comes on for an hour. If you have Saorview you'll see it on the guide as "To be announced". It's basically a ****ty 10 second music clip repeated non stop while some fully dressed bird lays on a bed waving a phone at the camera. I've been more turned on watching Primetime than that ****.

I know a girl that works on those types of phone lines. She is one of the hottest girls out there. It is not all grannies.

I know a girl that works on those types of phone lines. She is one of the hottest girls out there. It is not all grannies.

Pics or it never happened.

:pac:

DarkJager wrote: »

They do but it's 1000000 million times poorer than Babestation etc :D I unfortunately work weekend nights and around 3am it comes on for an hour. If you have Saorview you'll see it on the guide as "To be announced". It's basically a ****ty 10 second music clip repeated non stop while some fully dressed bird lays on a bed waving a phone at the camera. I've been more turned on watching Primetime than that ****.
    But Miriam is hot hot hot! And I bet she's easier to talk to than those very poor actresses waving their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Where have you all been for past 6 months...everytime PSL was over I flicked though the channels and 3e supplied, what i'd consider, a BABE STATION, girlx using her phone, not as a phone, and they are not grannies, they are beautiful....you mean to say you never saw it...come on, pull the other one :)

A few vodkas and I didnt see above post, well you guys shouldn't have any complaints about that show, I bet you sat and watched it, I bet you find it more titalating than looking for Starella, Tom, and the pink tractor.
    Happy New Year to all us washed out boardies ;)

BMollie wrote: »
    Where have you all been for past 6 months...everytime PSL was over I flicked though the channels and 3e supplied, what i'd consider, a BABE STATION, girlx using her phone, not as a phone, and they are not grannies, they are beautiful....you mean to say you never saw it...come on, pull the other one :)

Happy New Year to all us washed out boardies ;)

:eek:

You mean I sat through Jeannette and Sam, and only two channels up there was sexy ladies?

:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement