Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV3 Psychic Readings Live***The Aftermath Thread****

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

they've done a quiz show, they've done a "Psychics" show... what next? Maybe an interactive jukebox style thing where people text premium rates to play a song and get their message on the television?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,988 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Please don't give them idea's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Or they could turn the channel into babestation every midnight until 3am. Same target audience - young ones and dirty auld farmers.

Joe Duffy would have a field day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

they've done a quiz show, they've done a "Psychics" show... what next? Maybe an interactive jukebox style thing where people text premium rates to play a song and get their message on the television?

They did that with Music Cubed ten years ago.

Things were very, very different back then...

:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Neeson wrote: »
    Or they could turn the channel into babestation every midnight until 3am. Same target audience - young ones and dirty auld farmers.

Joe Duffy would have a field day.

Or...The 'babes' could run a marriage bureau/counselling service (They would be about as credible as the psychics)
    and they could pair off the lonely farmers, with all the Marys who used to ring in......

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

They did that with Music Cubed ten years ago.

Things were very, very different back then...

:D:);)

Ah, Music Cubed. I stayed up late most nights watching that. It was the same music night after night but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect anything this year, so now they'll do something to prove me wrong.
    By next year though they may anticipate having a new generation of 'boardsies' who think it's a great idea.
    Surprise...

With the amount of closed accounts popping up they may very well be right... :(

TBH, I wouldn't have a problem with that. I mean, you'd be a complete idiot to text in, but as long as they show your message and play the song you wnat, then there's no real deception there, unlike PRL or PTV.

Or here's a thought they could show quality TV programming.... *insert sarcastic comment HERE*

*insert sarcastic comment HERE* = Could give Mr Browne an extra couple of hours, giving him more time to get people to answer the way he wants them to. :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: there are, however, occasional times when I do like the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

BUDAPEST LANDLORDS. Telling me how I can rent there. That's all I'm getting when I log in. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

BMollie wrote: »
    BUDAPEST LANDLORDS. Telling me how I can rent there. That's all I'm getting when I log in. :confused::confused:

Maybe you'll get a good deal. Perhaps the producers finally got a conscience....I mean
    since those shows ended, you've been under that bridge, with a little stall,desperately trying to sell red shoes to anyone who still remembers Carole...The least they could do is set you up in a little pad in Budapest:cool:

Orielle wrote: »
    Maybe you'll get a good deal. Perhaps the producers finally got a conscience....I mean
    since those shows ended, you've been under that bridge, with a little stall,desperately trying to sell red shoes to anyone who still remembers Carole...The least they could do is set you up in a little pad in Budapest:cool:

How could I forget Carole, she was my best customer. She wanted me to sell fish fingers as well but told her it wouldn't work in the Paris heat.

2HatJohn stopped by a few times to get some red shoes for Mary McLaughlin..his wife of 60 years..yes his wife of 60 years..yes his wife of...

He said he had been to Temple Bar, Limerick, Waterford, Donegal, Cork, Galway and Tipperary, and my red shoes were far superior to any of the ones he had seen. He said he wanted to start Crying with me, but I told him not to start, that just because he was off the Irish telly, and not a Star anymore, he should continue with writing his wonderful songs, with those amazing/tasty lyrics he would be a star again.

2Hat is still in touch with Starella. She is trying to track down Tom Kelly who gave her a spin on his pink tractor. She said Tom was a very fair and honest man. Her red lace headress and fan and garter, got caught in the tractor tyres when he was helping her off, and she wants Tom to give them back to her.

If Tom is out there..get in touch as she gave me her cell number. :)

anyone remember that channel fame tv I think it was irish where you just into the studio to talk to the presenter was mad always had it on lol

anyone remember that channel fame tv I think it was irish where you just into the studio to talk to the presenter was mad always had it on lol

Don't remember that one Tadj :)

How are you filling in your late nights now without PSL????

lads if ye all give me a fiver i'll do a live webshow pretending to read cards .. you can callme now ;) 1550 SCAMMER (1550 7226637 ) *calls cost 50 euro a second :P

Disclaimer: Please do not call this number as it is probably one of those sex hotlines, or the funeral notices on a local radio station, or maybe weatherline.

Don't remember that one Tadj :)

How are you filling in your late nights now without PSL????

neogaf & after hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

Over in the UK

Ofcom has today imposed a financial penalty of £12,500 on Majestic TV Limited in respect of its service Psychic Today.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/content-sanctions-adjudications/majestic-tv.pdf?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majestic-sanction

One of the complaints
    After watching [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Psychic Today [/FONT][/FONT]psychic reading advertising content on Big Deal on 6 May 2012 in the late evening, a viewer complained to Ofcom that it contained claims of accuracy.

On viewing the relevant material, Ofcom noted that a photo of a psychic was shown on screen. Her name ("Mollie") was printed beside the photo together with the following text:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]"I have been giving readings from a young age and I have always known my gift was there. I am very accurate and precise in giving guidance for positive outcome in present situations." [/FONT][/FONT]

While this advertisement was broadcast on screen, viewers heard the voice of "Mollie" off screen (she was not in the studio) giving a psychic reading to a viewer who had sent in a text asking for a reading.

At the bottom of the screen the PRS number for viewers to contact was shown throughout.

Ofcom considered this matter raised issues warranting investigation under Rules 15.5.2 and 15.5.3 of the BCAP Code.
    http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb224/obb224.pdf

wtf is this flathan ?

https://soundcloud.com/flathan/i-look-into-your-future-babe-1

im in the mood for some psychic trolls

love this video

I miss my psychics on tv :( lol

look what I found on youtube

wayne talk about tv3 and the show

you bastards killed my psychics lol

A normal psychic show?

Nothing normal about "psychic" abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

look what I found on youtube

wayne talk about tv3 and the show

So the twitter account talking to Keith Barry wasn't really Wayne? I did not know that.

Neeson wrote: »
    So the twitter account talking to Keith Barry wasn't really Wayne? I did not know that.

So 2hatJohn/Fragrant John has written Wayne's book. :eek:

MESSAGE FOR TOM KELLY: STOLEN FROM THE FARM

"Hello Mr Kelly" ...keep a steady mind and open heart. Starella loves you just remember that. "you are a sweet and wonderful person" "so honest, so full of love and trust, a precious darling, your heart is so pure, we will all be pulling for you"

and through the grapevine I hear she want's you to give her another spin on that tractor, again soon. If you need it pulled we will all all come out and pull it for you.

DISCLAIMER RE Brian T's post earlier..the Mollie mentioned has no connection with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

brian_t wrote: »
    Over in the UK

Ofcom has today imposed a financial penalty of £12,500 on Majestic TV Limited in respect of its service Psychic Today.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/content-sanctions-adjudications/majestic-tv.pdf?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majestic-sanction

One of the complaints
    After watching Psychic Today psychic reading advertising content on Big Deal on 6 May 2012 in the late evening, a viewer complained to Ofcom that it contained claims of accuracy.

On viewing the relevant material, Ofcom noted that a photo of a psychic was shown on screen. Her name ("Mollie") was printed beside the photo together with the following text:

"I have been giving readings from a young age and I have always known my gift was there. I am very accurate and precise in giving guidance for positive outcome in present situations."

While this advertisement was broadcast on screen, viewers heard the voice of "Mollie" off screen (she was not in the studio) giving a psychic reading to a viewer who had sent in a text asking for a reading.

At the bottom of the screen the PRS number for viewers to contact was shown throughout.

Ofcom considered this matter raised issues warranting investigation under Rules 15.5.2 and 15.5.3 of the BCAP Code.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb224/obb224.pdf

And Psychic Today has been going, in one form or another, since 2004... :eek:

http://www.psychictoday.com/welcome.jsp

Admittedly, it's not quite as dodgy as Psychic Readings Live - its owners aren't a bunch of Hungarian gangsters, but the London-based Cellcast Group, who are also responsible for Babestation (or, if you prefer, the ladies on 3e in the early hours of the morning). ;)

http://www.cellcast.tv/interactive-tv.aspx

Majestic TV, in case anyone's confused, merely holds the license to broadcast the service - a bit like ITV holding the rights to broadcast the FA Cup, or indeed TV3 holding the rights to broadcast Psychic Readings Live.

Anyway, it's not at all surprising to learn that Wayne has made several appearances on Psychic Today - a glance at his YouTube channel reveals several such videos, although with each one it looks like he just put his camera in front of his television.

No doubt he personally knows some of the service's other psychics, as well as some of the presenters - including Bronia West... :o:o:D:D;)

615855_3818363.jpg

I found a circle of feathers in the garden this morning. Unfortunately,

I have forgotten what the lovely Carole said ... regarding their meaning.

Raphael.....Raphael...Is that you ??

This is a spirit of Bushmills. Sorry for killing the bird but it was rather loud this morning and didn't do my head any good.

• Advertisement

You fiend!! But wait...there was no body, just feathers.:confused:

I bet you made up that story, out of jealously because Raphael chose
    me over you.

I'm staying in tonight to await his message...This is all so sudden...never thought it would happen to me:cool:

I thought the little fecker could be useful so I brought the body in and gutted it. Was a bit tough but tasted ok

So Raphael won't be visiting tonight after all... I'm devastated.

I'm going out to drink absinthe, in a dark corner of a shady pub.*sob*

I shall leave you to karma. It will strike when you least expect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

ANyone know where spookwomans videos are gone, their not on youtube any more :(

Hi GALWAY...think they were taken down by telemedia. Would love to see the TOM KELLY tractor one again..it was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

God I miss the late nights watching that show. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    God I miss the late nights watching that show. :)

Me too..I also miss the crazy humour and witty banter on this thread. Not to mention the posts in Morse code and Hungarian.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A quiz show rigged to cost the contestants a stupid amount of money and give them nothing tangible in return? :)

• Advertisement

Edit
    A quizphone-in show rigged to cost the contestantsvulnerable callers a stupid amount of money and give them nothing tangible in return?

well well well i was browsing through some old thread i followed and suprised to see this thread

such wonderful times watching this show & laughing a laugh on here

damm you boards why did you get it taken off the air :)

remeber flathan & starella

well well well i was browsing through some old thread i followed and suprised to see this thread

such wonderful times watching this show & laughing a laugh on here

damm you boards why did you get it taken off the air :)

remeber flathan & starella

Ah tajd great to hear from you again...yes we did have some great laughs here and I miss all the boardies.

Pity it was such a rip off show though. Flathan has left telemedia the show that produces all these psychic shows. :):)

Ah tajd great to hear from you again...yes we did have some great laughs here and I miss all the boardies.

Pity it was such a rip off show though. Flathan has left telemedia the show that produces all these psychic shows. :):)

for his singing career right ?

we got no sleep back them but it was worth it :D

Sorry about delay yep taken down due to take down notice. Noticed the other day ad on pole for a angel and psychic fair in a few weeks here in waterford. We have some right gullible people here

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Hello again Spookwoman and all you old PRL fans. Like tajd, I was surprised (and delighted) to come across this thread again.
    How can we ever forget John, Carole, Starella, Flathan's ''ring in, tell me your first name, I'll write it on this board, and you will have great luck, darlinks.''
    Ahh, the laughs we had, the bloody alarm going off just a few hours later, the excited wait to see which ''famous Psychic' was going to change our lives forever.
    Poor Mary from Kildare, I bet it changed her life forever, Shes probably in a Pauper's home now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Was it someone here that did the prank to the show where some young enough girl rings and gets advice that shell meet the love of her life, and she responds saying "I already have a boyfriend, your so full of ****!" Classic :D

Is this a thread reunion?:)

I came late to this thread. I found it by accident, stopped to read it, and was hooked.

I can't claim to have done anything to rid Irish night time tv
    of those who prey on the elderly and the vulnerable, but you on this thread did, it was a great achievement, so hats off to you:cool:

However, what about the poor psychics They have now become the vulnerable themselves:)

Is Flathan eating properly (in his opinion)

Will Starella ever find a comb...and if she does, will she know what to do with it.

What about poor Carole? Did she have to sell her precious red shoes in order to buy fish fingers...Is she lying somewhere surrounded by white feathers?

What of the lovely Katarina...Is she a broken woman wandering the streets of Budapest...cursing her bilingualism.....

These matters make me toss in my bed at night...Will nobody think about the psychics:D

Orielle wrote: »
    Is this a thread reunion?:)

I came late to this thread. I found it by accident, stopped to read it, and was hooked.

I can't claim to have done anything to rid Irish night time tv
    of those who prey on the elderly and the vulnerable, but you on this thread did, it was a great achievement, so hats off to you:cool:

However, what about the poor psychics They have now become the vulnerable themselves:)

Is Flathan eating properly (in his opinion)

Will Starella ever find a comb...and if she does, will she know what to do with it.

What about poor Carole? Did she have to sell her precious red shoes in order to buy fish fingers...Is she lying somewhere surrounded by white feathers?...

What of the lovely Katarina...Is she a broken woman wandering the streets of Budapest...cursing her bilingualism.....

These matters make me toss in my bed at night...Will nobody think about the psychics:D

JUMP ON....Great idea Orielle...lets see how many of our boardies come on to chat. Remember Wayne and his 'DUVET DANCING'.....

Lets all share some memories, and they would be great ones.

Remember Flathan with the big white candle??? and Mary got her name on it 3 times...lol

• Advertisement

Oh...I remember Flathan's big white candle, and the excitement when Mary got her name on it three times...of course good luck must have come her way immediately, and she now resides in her villa in the Bahamas...I joined after Wayne so I never got to witness his antics...
    what was his M. O?

Carole always stands out for me...Her devotion to fish fingers was so touching...and then there was that chain gang of angels, who were
    looking over her shoulder when she wrote...she really overworked the Archangel Michael...I believe he developed PTSD..poor guy:

That show had to go of course...but it left a trail of bitter, twisted,
    unemployed psychics in it's wake: They're outthere...and they KNOW where we live...scary stuff:eek:

Advertisement