Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for an artist please?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, anyone wanna give me a recommendation for an artist in Dublin preferably, but anywhere in Ireland if necessary? :)

I'll be getting a tatt done on either my ribs or upper calf soon enough. The tattoo itself isn't massively intricate, but I want it quite 'old fashioned' in style, and preferably done in brown ink, if possible.

I'm drawing it up myself, but part of the image will be similar to the pic I'm gonna link to, a ripped up, tatty, old looking book.

I've been to Sean in Zulu, someone who I can't remember the name of in Reinkarnated (I'm a bit of a noob!) and some ****ty artist in some place I can't remember in Temple bar (behind Connected Ink, some Italian guy) for my other pieces.

I've heard good things about Skin City and Spilled Ink, but has anyone got any particular artist (rather than studio) that they could recommend for something 'old' looking? It won't be hugely detailed, but I'll be getting some script writing done underneath the main image, also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Have a look at the skin city Facebook page they have some great artists it seems. I'm not sure what you mean by old style if you mean retro then Ross nagle in all star in limerick is quite good. But if you mean old looking then I don't know who to recommend remis is the best in Ireland in my opinion from what I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

If you're willing to travel, Ross Nagle in All Star Ink in Limerick is world class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yeah, I love Remis' work ever since a reg here linked me to his stuff, but the waiting list is friggin' HUGE.

I've seen great work on friends from Ross in All Star. I meant quite retro in style, apologies for not being clearer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Yeah, I love Remis' work ever since a reg here linked me to his stuff, but the waiting list is friggin' HUGE.

I've seen great work on friends from Ross in All Star. I meant quite retro in style, apologies for not being clearer!

If its retro then Ross might be your man have a look at the aul Facebook page and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Google Rob Mulligan Colourworks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say im a big Rob Mulligan fan heres a link to his facebook http://www.facebook.com/robmulligantattoos/photos_stream

But I think if I was going with Rob Mulligan id be going in for a colourful piece as that is were he really stands out imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Have to say im a big Rob Mulligan fan heres a link to his facebook http://www.facebook.com/robmulligantattoos/photos_stream

But I think if I was going with Rob Mulligan id be going in for a colourful piece as that is were he really stands out imo.

I had heard that his colour tattoos are best, and mine's not gonna be coloured. Hmm.

I'll keep checking these suggestions out. Thanks guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Look at Paolo in Skin City. He's done some really nice stuff along the lines of the that book and his script is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Im another +1 for Ross in Allstar in Limerick

Advertisement