Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SanDisk Cruzer Edge 16gb Write Protection

Options
  • 13-12-2012 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭

My brother recently gave me the above flash drive, which was given to him by someone he knows. There is a few files on it, nothing important or major, but he can't use the drive at all, no matter what you try you get "The disk is write protected".

I've tried everything in my (and googles) power to format this, but nothing is working. I've tried editing the registry, booting in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, a program called HDD Low Level Formatting Tool (which was taking ages and kept saying "The disk is Write Protected") and another called Repair_Neo2.9 which can't even find the drive.

The only solution i can see is that the drive is goosed, but i said i'd ask on here if anyone knew of anything which i haven't tried. I can physically see and open files on it, but can't delete, save, move/copy or format.

Advertisement