Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micropayments system for running 'paid up' sports competition - Advice Needed!

• 13-12-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Note: I searched for "micropayments" and came across this forum. Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum, I'd appreciate it if a mod could move the thread to the correct forum if needs be.

Hi everyone,

I help to run a podcast and we are thinking about running a match prediction tournament with our listeners. This would involve the listener paying a small sum into the pool (we're thinking €5 at the moment) with the eventual winner of the competition receiving the pool total (much like a paid up Fantasy Football league). There is a sports prediction site that we will use to run the competition, where we will grant access to people once they have paid up.

Has anyone got any experience of running a micropayments system like Paypal? Which system would you recommend for a competition like this, in general how safe/easy are they to run?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone got any advice for us?

Advertisement