Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Google Maps app for iOS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Nope, tried everything. Compass/gyroscope are working perfectly in other apps. A search suggests I'm not the only one with this problem. I guess Google still a few bugs to work out.

off.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

As of this morning when i click a location link it is opening in Google Maps Safari browser BUT giving the option to open in the App up the top. Its an improvement but should really be the App by default.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nope, tried everything. Compass/gyroscope are working perfectly in other apps. A search suggests I'm not the only one with this problem. I guess Google still a few bugs to work out.

Never mind, I figured it out. Compass Calibration needs to be enabled in System Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I have to say I'm really impressed with the new App. It looks really clean and seems to run faster. My one issue is the spoken directions aren't very clear while you have music playing in the car.

Does anyone know if you can have offline directions (will it still work when you have no interweb coverage on your phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stimpson wrote: »
    I have to say I'm really impressed with the new App. It looks really clean and seems to run faster. My one issue is the spoken directions aren't very clear while you have music playing in the car.

Does anyone know if you can have offline directions (will it still work when you have no interweb coverage on your phone)

no offline but apparently its' coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I like it to be honest but the directions are a bit a bit hit and miss. it tried to get me to take a right turn onto Aston Quay from O'Connell Street and to get to Blanchardstown from town it's sending me out the N4 and then onto the M50 (maybe they work for the toll company?). To be fair, it'd probably do the same on the desktop version though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement