Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cgpg5 New Dart Mod

• 13-12-2012 3:24am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Our new guideline is to have a minimum of 2 mods per forum. cgpg5 was recommended by Kingp35, and after being approved by Admin, cgpg5 volunteered to help out. He is most welcome.

Comments

Black Swan wrote: »
    cgpg5 was recommended by Kingp35...

Why not Dartgod, treble 20, Chalkie 501...;)

Good luck to the new mod, not sure I would have divulged that he was selected tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Why not Dartgod, treble 20, Chalkie 501...;)

Good luck to the new mod, not sure I would have divulged that he was selected tho!

Whoa there Conor....
    i can just about manage to turn on my computer:D

Whoa there Conor....
    i can just about manage to turn on my computer:D

Sorry, wasn't really putting you forward for a role you mightn't want!

Just thought it was a bit unusual to divulge that the mod had selected one preferred poster, so was firing out a few other names I see post here regularly.

Of course I wish cgpg5 the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I wonder can he manage to step up to the plate oche

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Best of luck to cgpg5 on becoming new mod. Let's hope all us darts fans behave ourselves during the World Championships:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sorry, wasn't really putting you forward for a role you mightn't want!

Just thought it was a bit unusual to divulge that the mod had selected one preferred poster, so was firing out a few other names I see post here regularly.

Of course I wish cgpg5 the best.
    Please be advised that we generally do not discuss moderation or mod selection on sports forums (or on most forums within boards.ie), but I will make an exception in this case with this one post.

In the interests of member privacy and confidentiality, I am not at liberty to discuss the particular details of the recent search for a Darts forum mod, which has taken several weeks. Rest assured that several prolific posters in the Darts forum had been reviewed, and one had met our extensive selection criteria, been contacted about Darts modship, but failed to show a strong interest in modding.

When we pick a mod, their real or potential moderation skills have to be more extensive than for one particular sport, as they may be appointed to two or more sports (or non-sports) forums in the future on boards. Also considered are join date, total number of posts, posts per day, posts in forum, posts in other forums, prior modships (if any), reporting history, warnings, infractions, and bans, etc., etc. We cannot afford to make a mistake when selecting a mod, so if we error, it's on the side of caution.

Please be advised that cgpg5 had been appointed by Admin because he has a history of excellent moderation skills in sports, and could lend a hand co-modding Darts. Kingp35 does a grand job modding Darts, but our guideline requires a 2-mod-minimum per forum (plus Kingp35 might want a day off). We are volunteers with outside commitments, and are grateful that cgpg5 has taken on this additional modship in Darts. Sincere thanks cgpg5!

If you or any other Dart forum community member wishes to discuss this further, please do not post it here, rather PM me. Once again moderation, including mod selection, are normally not discussed on most forums within this private site.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

How he or she will cope with the 4 posts per day will be good to see, least the work load is now halved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Sorry have been away last few days, cheers looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Closed account? Stress of this forum too much :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cgpg5 has just notified us that "due to unforeseen circumstances" he has closed his account with boards, thereby leaving his 2 modships in Racquet Sports and Darts. We wish him well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement