Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant retain a signal

• 13-12-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    hope this is in the right place, mods please move if its not.

I recently signed up to a contract with Tesco Mobile and got myself a Samsung Galaxy Y. So far so good except for one annoying glitch. A few times a day my phone will lose its signal (as happens naturally in certain areas) but once it does it wont get it back again until i switch it off and back on again.

I brought it back to the shop twice. First time the guy reckoned it was because I had manual network selection on instead of automatic network selection. And second time, he recommended turning off my wi-fi and mobile internet when they are not in use, but none of this has helped.

Any help or idea from anyone before I wadi the phone altogether?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Try your SIM card in another device , this will determine whether there is a fault on the SIM, phone, or network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Jarren wrote: »
    Try your SIM card in another device , this will determine whether there is a fault on the SIM, phone, or network

Thanks. Will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

John_D80 wrote: »

Thanks. Will do.

Settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks>network mode>wcdma only

This improved my internet and network somewhat. (I'm with 3) So give that a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Jarren wrote: »

This worked for me thanks. Turns out it was the sim card was the problem. Thanks to those who posted and sent PM's. Much appreciated

Advertisement