Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balance showing on my account but insuffient funds when I try to withdraw money

Options
  • 13-12-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

When I check my balance online it shows funds in my account, but when I tried to withdraw money, it said I had insuffient funds. Would there be a reason why my wages would be showing in the balance but not yet cleared or something? and how long should it take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi fox 1973,

Some of our payment files are still running which could be affecting your account. We will post here once they are completed and if you try then, you should hopefully have no issue.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Thank you for your reply, I would appreciate if you reply back as soon as it is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mincepies

Hi Linda,

sorry for hijacking the thread, i was wondering usually my few shillings go in at midnight or soon after but it wasnt till about 8am today, will it be like this going forward? or was it just a one off?

cheers

Hi mincepies,

Our payment files ran slower then usual last night but you should see no change in future in the processing of your payments.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mincepies

Howdy Linda, thanks for quick reply.

thats grand, i was gumming for a smoke last night lol, got sorted in the end.

maybe it was with the double social welfare payments this week slowed it down.. i thought theyd cut me off, 2 weeks before christmas as well too, lol.

cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Linda,

I know you say it is running now, but any idea of time? it is really inconvenient for me right now, I need to be able to withdraw my money, Ive had to send my children to school without any lunch, my wages are my only source of income right now. If I go into a branch, could I withdraw the money?

Hi fox 1973,

Apologies about the inconvenience this has caused.

Every effort is being made to have the euro file resolved by lunch time. We will notify you here once this is completed.

Apologies again about this.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Phew, was starting to think I hadn't been paid.

I've a Bank of Ireland motor loan that comes out every payday and a direct debit that goes to my savings account. Will these be affected as there currently isn't enough in my account to cover them but will be when my wages show up?

Lunch time?? I hope your not serious, that is unacceptable, you can clearly see the balance on my account, can you answer my question, would I be able to withdraw in-branch?

I know its not your fault, thank you for your replies.

Hi fox 1973,

We do not have access to customer accounts here. We understand your frustration. We would advise you to call your branch to see is the issue is due to a delay in the files or if it is another issue. They also may be able to offer alternatives for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Any further update on the problem with BOI? Wages were paid from company BOI online account, transactions showing as 'paid' but the amounts have not left our account, nor arrived at our employee's accounts.

I was holding for over 30 minutes to BOI online customer service today and got no resolution. Our branch were no help either.

My online account is still showing just the balance which I had this morning, with the credits to my account not showing up, but I went into my branch and they sorted me out, they didn't know anything about any problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Lynfo,

Lynfo wrote: »
    Any further update on the problem with BOI? Wages were paid from company BOI online account, transactions showing as 'paid' but the amounts have not left our account, nor arrived at our employee's accounts.

I was holding for over 30 minutes to BOI online customer service today and got no resolution. Our branch were no help either.

The issue should be fully resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Hi fox_1973,

fox_1973 wrote: »
    When I check my balance online it shows funds in my account, but when I tried to withdraw money, it said I had insuffient funds. Would there be a reason why my wages would be showing in the balance but not yet cleared or something? and how long should it take?

Apologies for the inconvenience. Yesterdays issues should now be resolved.

If there is a problem at the moment, please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will look into it for you.

Thank you both for your patience.

Billy

Advertisement