Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Accountant recommendation in Waterford area sought

Options
  • 13-12-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for a good accountant in the Waterford/Clonmel/Carrick on Suir/New Ross area. I am a PAYE worker and also have some rental income from an asset I inherited early this year so I am unsure as to how to go about this from a taxation point of view.

I am looking for an accountant who knows the system and knows how to legally go about paying the minimum tax legally possible.

All help welcomed. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for a good accountant in the Waterford/Clonmel/Carrick on Suir/New Ross area. I am a PAYE worker and also have some rental income from an asset I inherited early this year so I am unsure as to how to go about this from a taxation point of view.

I am looking for an accountant who knows the system and knows how to legally go about paying the minimum tax legally possible.

And you'll be needing to return your income from giving grinds as well, don't forget... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Give Pat O Donovan a shout highly recommended.

http://www.podaccounts.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Very good firm in Waterford & New Ross;
    http://www.ewlevingstoneaccountants.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

u dont need an accountant - its only gonna cost u more
    list your incomes on one page (spreadsheet)
    all your costs, repairs, cost of providing the rental accomodation,
    add your medical bills, dentist, etc
    bring it to the tax office and they will calculate your tax for you
    its free advice and they are very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Hi all,

I'd suggest having a read of the Revenue guide IT70 as this details the method by which you determine the taxable income from the rental. Essentially there are a number of allowances you can offset from the gross rental income to arrive at the taxable figure.

This taxable figure is then added to your overall income in your tax return.

The above assumes it's fairly straightforward, no section 23 etc.

An accountant should only charge a lowish fee for a straightforward return, and you might save more if they spot any additional reliefs you can claim.

I think I sent you my recommendation via PM. Will so do again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement