Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogspot Help Needed

Options
  • 13-12-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

If anyone can help me with a problem I'm having on my blog, it would be much appreciated.

My problem is this: when I’m writing a new post I use the Permalinks Custom option to put in specific key words. While I’m writing the piece, the Permalinks box alongside indicates that this will be done, showing that the URL will be published as, e.g.:
    http://www.theirishgolfblog.com/2012/11/irelands-missing-golf-courses.html

... but as soon as I hit ‘Publish, the blog’s URL switches to:
    http://www.theirishgolfblog.com/2012_11_01_archive.html#4543060924171592282

which is useless for search engines.

The same thing happens with the Permalinks Automatic option.

If anyone can help me, I'm willing to pay a small fee.
    Thanks for reading.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Looks like the posts are being automatically archived.

Have a look in the setting for archiving. I'm at work at the moment and blogspot is blocked so I can't check myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Looks like the posts are being automatically archived.

Have a look in the setting for archiving. I'm at work at the moment and blogspot is blocked so I can't check myself.

Thanks - but there's no 'Archive' option within Settings. Several people have commented on this in the Blogger Help Forum. From what I can find, the only Archiving information is about the Blog Archive gadget (which I have on the blog), setting the frequency and Exporting your blog.

If you're in the form for helping me tonight, after work, please let me know.
    Thanks
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Problem Solved - Happy days.

Advertisement