Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account hacked and PB ban.

Options
  • 13-12-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

It all started over a week ago when a friend asked why I had left his platoon. I had thought this was strange so I checked my battlelog. 3 platoons had been removed and everyone one of my friends had been removed too, except 3 "friends".

Now these 3 friends were completely unknown to me, and I would know by the name or country their from. I did not know them or ever added them.

On Sunday I played for a few hours, everything was fine.

Then on Monday I boot up the game and start getting Punkbuster kicks for game violation. I tried numerous servers all giving me kicks. I update PB thinking that might help, but to no avail.

I sent a ticket to EvenBalance and then yesterday evening they reply with a Global GUID ban. So now there's nothing I can do except purchase the game again.

WTF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Contact EA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't see how an EA account being hijacked would give them your PB GUID as well. Plus EvenBalance would see the drastic change in IPs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Spear wrote: »
    I don't see how an EA account being hijacked would give them your PB GUID as well. Plus EvenBalance would see the drastic change in IPs as well.

If they had cheats on their computer and logged in with my Origin ID, PB would flag the GUID because that's related my login, or am I incorrect in saying that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    If they had cheats on their computer and logged in with my Origin ID, PB would flag the GUID because that's related my login, or am I incorrect in saying that?

You're incorrect. The GUID is based on various hardware details. So they'd not only need to hijack your EA account, but also capture your GUID to go with it in advance, and make the effort of spoofing the GUID at the same time.

Is it possible for then to hack my account delete all my players and platoons. Then when I log in I get PBbanned.

• Advertisement

Is it possible for then to hack my account delete all my players and platoons. Then when I log in I get PBbanned.

They're unrelated actions, performed by separate companies.

looks like i will have to buy BF3 again, but not sure how to go about it. I'm assuming I dont need to reinstall the game because I have it installed already. Do i just need to buy the serial key?
    Will my Premium work with the new key?
    Does the GUID use both BF3 and Premium?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I would imagine you will need one of both.

Did you get on to EA? What did they say to you?

looks like i will have to buy BF3 again, but not sure how to go about it. I'm assuming I dont need to reinstall the game because I have it installed already. Do i just need to buy the serial key?
    Will my Premium work with the new key?
    Does the GUID use both BF3 and Premium?

The GUID is based on hardware aspects.

What exactly was the PB ban message. There's plenty of things it can kick for, and they don't all mean permabans.

EA said this.....

Dear XXXX,

We have assigned case number 0676XXXX to this interaction and included it in your case history so you can refer to its details as needed, or if you need to contact us again regarding this same issue. Please remember that you may need to log in to our Help Center to view your case details.

We have also included the following promotional coupon code(s):
    CE-QTWHW-P8TQG-XXXXX-XXXXX

Depending on your question, this code may be for redeeming a product or DLC, registering a product or DLC, or for accessing a promotion in the Origin store.

Please note that codes are valid for one month from the date received, and are limited to one promotion type per order. Promotional coupon codes are valid for most of the products we offer but some restrictions may apply.

We listen, and we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our games, our people and our community. We very much appreciate you as our customer, and assisting you today was our pleasure.

Regards,

Kapil D.
    EA Customer Experience

• Advertisement

VIOLATION GAMEHACK #80797

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Can you view your old account in Battlelog? has it been reset?

Are EA giving you a new copy of the game and a free gift?

Can you view your old account in Battlelog? has it been reset?

Are EA giving you a new copy of the game and a free gift?

Yeah j can login to battle log no problem. It hasn't been reset. All stats still stand.

They are giving me a coupon worth 15% of any product in their online store. That's it.

It doesn't sound like your EA account was gotten too then. Can you still log in and out of Origin okay?

For the PB violation, it's on PBBans;

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-25cdf5da-vb282705.html

Have you opened a ticket with Even Balance to query what the violation refers to?

Note #3: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

That's a fairly disgusting attitude by them, they're flat out saying that they're knowingly stopping innocent people from playing their legitimately bought game.

I'm going to buy another copy of the game today, i want to get back playing and I don't think Evenbalance are going to overturn the ban(the shower of bastards).

I'm going to do a complete reinstall, as I may have a trojan or something running in my BF3 folder, best thing is to completey delete all files.

I may sent EA another email as they sent me one the other day asking me if I have anything further to add.

I'll be going under the player name Lord Nikon, ofr anyone who wants to play with me in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

if you have a mate nearby with the game get the game data folders 22gb or so off them instead of downloading

You could try asking EA to switch the licence on your EA account from the old one to the new one. Soldiers should stay associated, and so should premium hopefully.

I dont kow if they will, seems like a big task for EA, consodering they dont give a **** most of the time.

• Advertisement

I dont kow if they will, seems like a big task for EA, consodering they dont give a **** most of the time.

True, but it wouldn't cost you anything to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

That's a fairly disgusting attitude by them, they're flat out saying that they're knowingly stopping innocent people from playing their legitimately bought game.

I am not arguing with you but I don't see how you are coming to this conclusion .

I presume you are referring to this
    Note #3: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

And if so , I don't see how you make this out to mean they're knowingly stopping innocent people from playing their legitimately bought game . I am fairly confident that I am missing something here on the tech side . Are you saying that there is some way that EA or Evenbalance would be able to know that it definitely wasn't Lord Nikons pc that was used with the game hack and they aren't bothered to check it ?

Not trying to start an argument here , just trying to educate myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just outta curiousity OP have you brought this up on the reddit subforum r/battlefield3 (a google will bring it up)

I've seen a few issues getting solved and sorted by going down that channel. might be more pressure on them too!

jonski wrote: »

And if so , I don't see how you make this out to mean they're knowingly stopping innocent people from playing their legitimately bought game . I am fairly confident that I am missing something here on the tech side . Are you saying that there is some way that EA or Evenbalance would be able to know that it definitely wasn't Lord Nikons pc that was used with the game hack and they aren't bothered to check it ?

Not trying to start an argument here , just trying to educate myself .

I'm giving Lord Nikon the benefit of the doubt here. Given the lack of info available regarding the ban and what triggered it, there's not much of alternative. But that statement from EvenBalance is a general policy statement, so anyone innocent whose GUID is cloned and abused is at risk of being arbitrarily banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm giving Lord Nikon the benefit of the doubt here. Given the lack of info available regarding the ban and what triggered it, there's not much of alternative. But that statement from EvenBalance is a general policy statement, so anyone innocent whose GUID is cloned and abused is at risk of being arbitrarily banned.

Ok , I see where you are coming from now but what is the alternative ? EvenBalance can't/won't give the benefit of the doubt and all of us playing online games know this . It doesn't matter if it was you , your son , your mate or your a/c hacked as they have no way of knowing which it is . But maybe EA would have some way of knowing if the a/c was hacked ?

jonski wrote: »
    Ok , I see where you are coming from now but what is the alternative ? EvenBalance can't/won't give the benefit of the doubt and all of us playing online games know this . It doesn't matter if it was you , your son , your mate or your a/c hacked as they have no way of knowing which it is . But maybe EA would have some way of knowing if the a/c was hacked ?

They should both have IP info at least, which could go someway to clear an innocent persons name. But it'll do nothing in the case of a family member/friend/housemate doing something stupid.

Advertisement