Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goalscoring Goalies

• 13-12-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭

Reading about the Copa Sudamerica Final last night there and in the course of the report this guy was mentioned; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rog%C3%A9rio_Ceni

Serious example of a one club man there with 1020 apps for Sao Paolo, and a frankly astonishing 106 goals. I'd link a few Youtube vids but I can't access it right now.

So is there anyone that comes close to him? Off the top of my head I know Chilavert has a good few and Butt used to take penalties for Bayern and his other clubs in Germany. There's that famous Jimmy Glass goal too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Been to lot of games, but its the one thing I have never seen is a Goalkeeper score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

One that didn't go in unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Suarez :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chilavert, Butt, Ceni would be the only ones I can think of off the top of my head if I'm honest, although I remember reading somewhere that Campos used to play outfield in some club games, never seen it.

Theres something funny watching a keeper run up for corners but its even better watching them step up for free kicks or penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Kasper Schmeichel

He learned from his dad :pac: Offside flag ruled this one out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Niall Quinn City v Derby 1991:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone remember the name of the keeper who played well at the WC in 2010 and moved to the Israeli PL? I remember seeing him score a penalty in the EL a few years ago.

He was African IIRC

Edit: Vincent Enyeama, just remembered there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Davy Fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Tim Howard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

jimmy glass who scored that famous goal in 1999 for calisle against
    yeovil , that kept carlisle in the football league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Pat Jennings scores Tottenham's second goal in this 3-3 draw with Man U in the 1967 Charity Shield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I ran the pitch with Joe Hart in Fifa the other day, must have went around at least 6 players on route before slotting it bottom corner with the assuredress of a seasoned finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Eddie Hickey scored for Limerick against Galway about....15 years ago, in a 2-1 win. Kickout bounced over Eddie Van Boxtel.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Paul Robinson has scored 2 decent goals in his career

My Favourite keeper goal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

One of my favourite headers of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I have 2.
    Since 94.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Chris O'Connor scored for Bray in a playoff against Sporting Fingal and then made a horrible error a minute later.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

i remember gary sprake of leeds scoring for the 'other' team when he threw the ball into his own net!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kksaints wrote: »
    Chris O'Connor scored for Bray in a playoff against Sporting Fingal and then made a horrible error a minute later.

I never get sick of seeing that clip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

kksaints wrote: »

The co-commentator sums that up pretty well...."aahhhh lads" :)

As mentioned Jimmy Glass was the best for me with him keeping the team in the football league. Good video of it on Youtube can't link it in work worth a look the place goes mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Brad Friedel scored a last min equaliser for Blackburn at the Vally, then Charlton went up the other end and made it 3-2 courtesy of Claude Jensen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Didn't Brad Friedel score for Blackburn once, only for the opposition (Charlton I think) to run up the pitch from kick off and score again to win the game?

Edit: Forgot I had a few threads open for about an hour without refreshing any of them. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As mentioned Jimmy Glass was the best for me with him keeping the team in the football league. Good video of it on Youtube can't link it in work worth a look the place goes mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

osarusan wrote: »
    Eddie Hickey scored for Limerick against Galway about....15 years ago, in a 2-1 win. Kickout bounced over Eddie Van Boxtel.

Gary Connaughton scored for Athlone Town against Dublin City (I think) with a drop kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

You're not gonna beat this!

Advertisement