Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG Meter

Options
  • 13-12-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Can a customer who has storage heaters avail of a PAYG Meter? As far as I know it is a dual reading meter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Shifty,

It is not possible to have a PAYG meter installed if the property has a dual tariff (day/night) meter. That would have to be removed, and it would involve a charge.

PAYG meters are exclusively for customers who have an overdue balance; they are not a standard payment means, only a debt management facility.

If you have any queries regarding your account, do send me a private message with your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full as they appear on your account, and either your date of birth or the contact telephone number on your account.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Thanks Una, it isn't for my account but for a person who has long term arrears. They live in an apartment with storage heaters and have a dual meter.

A charge to remove the dual meter would only increase their level of debt so looks like a PAYG meter isn't a viable option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Shifty,

We would suggest advising them to contact us to have a payment plan set up. A billing customer can also pre-pay between bills, and for a NightSaver customer the most benefit is reaped if they use a minimum of five units during the NightSaver hours (11pm to 8am in the winter; midnight to 9am in the summer).

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement