Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Stinson RIP

• 13-12-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭

Heard of the death of the well respected RPSI member and filmographer after a long battle with Motor Neurone disease.

While a long time snapper, Brian will be most remembered for his series of 22 DVD's which covered RPSI train movements across the country as well as many service and special trains on NIR and IE lines over the last 8 years. No matter where a train was running, Brian would be in the best viewing spot to record it's movement only to be seen upline moments later getting yet another clip of the train in traffic. Even close until his death, he was to be seen videoing trains, such was his love of recording train movements.

Aside from providing an invaluable records of train movements and history, his DVDs have raised thousands for the society and have proven to be a well respected and loved resource by train fans here in Ireland.

RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Eiretrains

I got this sad news too last night. I only got to know Brian recently over the last couple of years while out and about photographing the RPSI specials, as well as occasionally popping down to the IRRS.

He was always good company to have while waiting for the steam to show, and one time kindly offering myself and a friend a lift back to Dublin. In fact I had seen him and his wife, whom he was often accompanied by, as recently as July when he was out recording the Sea Breeze special to Wicklow.

I remember amusingly one time arriving very late at Enfield to photograph the 'Best of Both' tour in which I almost messed up his audio by talking aloud, unknowingly as the special approached, and Brian waving his arms to draw attention to the fact he was filming(!), but he wasn't in anyway annoyed or angered with me, such was his kind manner. :)
    May he rest in peace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LivelineDipso

MND is terrible. RIP.

So many passings in the Irish railway scene this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

MND is terrible.

Couldn't agree more. It's horrible, filthy and hideous

Advertisement