Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge XBLA sale starting next week

Options
  • 13-12-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭

So theres gonna be a huge load of games on sale from next week, with daily deals on.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-13-enormous-xbox-marketplace-sale-starts-next-week
    18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
    Joe Danger 2: The Movie
    Zuma's Revenge!
    The Simpsons Arcade Game
    Wreckateer
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Peggle
    PeggleNights Content Pack
    Fire Pro Wrestling
    SONIC 4 Episode II
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    RAW
    A World of Keflings
    A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice
    A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space
    Kinect Party
    Jet Set Radio

A number of Games on Demand titles will also be on sale - these are still to be announced.

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3
    Collection 1 DLC
    Collection 2 DLC
    Collection 3 DLC
    Collection 4 DLC

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Lego Star Wars III
    Lego Indiana Jones
    Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
    Lego Indiana Jones 2
    Lego Harry Potter

20th: Platformer Games

Fez
    HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Rayman Origins
    Rayman 3 HD
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trine 2

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire
    Red Dead Redemption
    Max Payne 3
    Midnight Club: LA

22nd: TBA

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Deadlight
    Hybrid

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD
    Trials HD - Big Thrills
    Trials HD - Big Pack
    Trials Evolution
    Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder
    Rock of Ages
    Mini Ninjas Adventures
    Leedmees
    Fruit Ninja Kinect
    Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge
    Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box
    Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule
    Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season

26th: TBA

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands
    Borderlands 2
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass

28th: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead Episode 1
    The Walking Dead Episode 2
    The Walking Dead Episode 3
    The Walking Dead Episode 4
    The Walking Dead Episode 5

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
    Cars 2: The Video Game
    Crash Of The Titans
    Toy Story 3
    Crazy Taxi
    The Splatters

30th: Fighting Games

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    Street Fighter III: Online Edition
    Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine

There are still games on Demand games to be added for the 18th-31st timeframe, also sadly no idea on how much will be off various games as of yet. Defenitley picking up Dust: An Elysian Tale, Fez, Mark of the Ninja and JSR. Have to get some MSP soon so :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mark of the Ninja, Walking Dead and Deadlight for me.... cracking sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Every year these serve to remind me how much I've spent on games during the year :(

I recommend Dust: An Elysian Tail from that list well worth the points. Probably my favourite arcade game this year after walking dead, and up there on my overall game of the year list too.

Have to say that list as it stands is very impressive given the rubbish they have thrown up in previous sales , the 10 year anniversary sale recently for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Finally, I may buy Borderlands on the 26th!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

What kind of a discount is there usually on a sale like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

25% to 50% off (usually!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

are the Rayman games on offer any good? Ive heard a lot of good things about Rayman Origins. of course Mark of the Ninja is on sale the same day so prob will get that on the day at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Origins is great, dunno about 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Might get The Walking Dead 2-5. Not sure about anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Gonna grab Jet Set Radio and Joe Danger 2 for 400MSP each i reckon. Rock Band 3 is an absolute steal at 840MSP if you don't already have it.

Full price list here: http://majornelson.com/2012/12/18/countdown-to-2013-deals/ and here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/countdown-2013

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone know how much The Walking Dead chapters will be?

• Advertisement

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much The Walking Dead chapters will be?

Since they're already 400MSP each, I'm going to assume they'll be 50% at 200MSP. Can't see them being cheaper then that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Since they're already 400MSP each, I'm going to assume they'll be 50% at 200MSP. Can't see them being cheaper then that tbh.

1000msp would be a great price for all 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

very tempting price for Bully as well.

Gonna get Sonic 4 Episode 2, didnt get great reviews but its generally accepted to be better than Episode 1 and I enjoyed Ep.1.

Picked up JSR, now to wait till Thursday for Fez, probably 400msp too.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

I only see the link to the sale from the american xbox homepage. Is the sale available here too?

delta214 wrote: »
    I only see the link to the sale from the american xbox homepage. Is the sale available here too?

Yep, just log into your account and it'll allow you to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

delta214 wrote: »
    Yep, the link is only really visible with the US (en-us) page, but the reduced prices are available in Ireland. The exchange rate is a bit off, though.

Rock Band 3 was reduced to $9.99 (Games on Demand) and in Ireland it's €9.99 ... it would be about €7.60 at the current exchange rate. Still, for the benefit of not getting of the chair to change discs. Hmm? :)

Yep, the link is only really visible with the US (en-us) page, but the reduced prices are available in Ireland. The exchange rate is a bit off, though.

Rock Band 3 was reduced to $9.99 (Games on Demand) and in Ireland it's €9.99 ... it would be about €7.60 at the current exchange rate. Still, for the benefit of not getting of the chair to change discs. Hmm? :)

When on the xbox before hitting confirm to buy, press X to see the price in ms points, if buying points online (2100 for €20 thereabouts) it will work out cheaper, 840 points is what it costs I think.

calex71 wrote: »
    When on the xbox before hitting confirm to buy, press X to see the price in ms points, if buying points online (2100 for €20 thereabouts) it will work out cheaper, 840 points is what it costs I think.

True that, if I ever buy games on demand, I always buy in points as it comes out cheaper. You can change to MSP when your buying off xbox.com as well. Plus it means not having to give MS your credit card details!

Most of the Lego games are on sale today at 840MSP with the exception of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga @ 1280MSP

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Most of the Lego games are on sale today at 840MSP with the exception of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga @ 1280MSP

Both great prices tbh when you see what they go for even second hand in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone try Lego Star Wars III or Harry Potter, recommended? Gonna get the 2 Indys anyway, love the Lego games. :)

Anyone try Lego Star Wars III or Harry Potter, recommended? Gonna get the 2 Indys anyway, love the Lego games. :)

I'd go with Harry Potter over Star Wars 3 and I am not a fan of the HP movies at all, just a much better game, Star Wars had these horrible RTS based parts.

The Lord of the Rings one is the best one to date, playing it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Cheers man, gonna go with Harry Potter and Star Wars Complete Saga so. Disappointed that Indy 1 is still €19.99. :( I got Lord of the Rings the other day, with the free minifigure, gonna save opening it til Christmas, really looking forward to it now. :)

Cheers man, gonna go with Harry Potter and Star Wars Complete Saga so. Disappointed that Indy 1 is still €19.99. :( I got Lord of the Rings the other day, with the free minifigure, gonna save opening it til Christmas, really looking forward to it now. :)

Both Lego Indy's are €10, although won't be when the daily deal changes tomorrow (well, later today :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

got meself fez and mark of the ninja this morning - is trine 2 any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you've played the original Trine I think it's more of the same. I couldn't get into Trine 2 as I'd just finished Trine and I got bored.

I bought Fez too. I want to get Mark of the Ninja as well, but not sure if I should keep the points for later in the sale and get Mark of the Ninja on PC instead.

Got Fez and MoN too.

Trine 2, hrm.....played a level or two on PC, basicaly the same again but far prettier :D Is there a demo for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

21st: Rockstar Games
    L.A. Noire [GoD] (2400/30$ > 1600MSP/20$)
    Red Dead Redemption [GoD] (2400/30$ > 1600MSP/20$)
    Max Payne 3 [GoD] (4800/60$ > 3200MSP/40$)
    Midnight Club: LA [GoD] (1200/15$ > 800MSP/10$)

22nd: Tony Hawk
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (1200 > TBA)

26th: Counter-Strike
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

According to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Kinda pissed Rayman isn't discounted for us like its supposed to be

Advertisement