Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My main WTF is WHO TF in their right mind watches these streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Here's a different one, for the times we are in, from Liverpool.

The first pilot gig without masks, post covid, to see what happens

Here's to better times.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1389197363982524422

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Here's to better times.

There were two of those, there was also an outdoor event in Sefton Park for five thousand people. Hopefully there is little/no new cases through transmission over this and things can open up a bit more.

There were two of those, there was also an outdoor event in Sefton Park for five thousand people. Hopefully there is little/no new cases through transmission over this and things can open up a bit more.
    If nothing else it prove one way or another whether social distancing & masks really did help or not. Assuming the testing was imperfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

If nothing else it prove one way or another whether social distancing & masks really did help or not. Assuming the testing was imperfect.
    Its fecking sad I am getting excited about a gig, we are now seeing it as special, not routine. Here is to things looking up

• Advertisement

Its fecking sad I am getting excited about a gig, we are now seeing it as special, not routine. Here is to things looking up
    Yeah, the real WTF is that we're gone nearly 18 months in a surreal 1984 world that even George Orwell couldn't have imagined.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

urYCVeh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

^^^^^^^^^

"vegemite on toast" :eek: hahahaha.

To me, the fact that THAT is included is the WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

^^^^^^^^^

"vegemite on toast" :eek: hahahaha.

To me, the fact that THAT is included is the WTF.
    Marmite. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've had surströmming, and it wasn't bad. Thankfully it was prepared outside by someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Black pudding didn't make it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bladespin wrote: »

it has raw blood pudding which is basically uncooked black pudding. Bon appetit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Or Tripe, or Durian, or Coffee Sweets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lost it's runoff match against deep fried bulls testicle by the look of things. No chance against maggotcheese

it has raw blood pudding which is basically uncooked black pudding. Bon appetit.
    Thre are a lot of foods out there that you wouldn't touch with a bargepole if you saw it being prepared.

But some will eat anything if is smells nice!

Jamie Oliver "WTF" :( (unfortunately, that part was cut from this clip)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The grilled cow udder (The argentinian entry) is available in The Netherlands as wel.
    But sold under a name that doesnt make you instantly think about what part of the cow you are actually eating.

You dont have to be in a hurry to eat it either because it takes about 4 hours from raw to edible.

uierboord.jpg

And that is how it looks on a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭KevRossi

That's either a very big sandwich or a very small pint of Guinness.

Big sandwich. There is a reason why we are all so tall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Does cow udder taste milky?

• Advertisement

I had it a few times ages ago. Doesnt taste of much to be honest.
    It is one of those things that used to be poor people food 100 years ago and now is "niche" i guess. Still cheap though at €4 a kilo
    Raw herring used to be poor people's food too but is now rather expensive though. But at least that i m prepared to kill for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I had cured cow's tongue fairly regularly while growing up, since I was moved to South Africa when I was almost 7. I remember it being really nice thinly sliced on sandwiches with mustard etc. It didn't look or feel like a tongue as such. Years later I was surprised to find that people hadn't heard of it and went "ew" if I mentioned it. :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bnt wrote: »
    I had cured cow's tongue fairly regularly while growing up, since I was moved to South Africa when I was almost 7. I remember it being really nice thinly sliced on sandwiches with mustard etc. It didn't look or feel like a tongue as such. Years later I was surprised to find that people hadn't heard of it and went "ew" if I mentioned it. :P

cows tongue would have been fairly common in ireland up to 30 years ago. I would be surprised if FX Buckleys on Moore St didn't still sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sliced Ox Tongue is regularly available in the deli section in M&S. It actually looks like it’d be quite nice on a sandwich, but I just can’t bring myself to try it. I know, I know, silly to be so squeamish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I remember spare ribs being the stuff you got off the butcher for the dog - not nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Here's to better times.

For me the what the f*ck moment is why are all the twats on their phones recording it instead of just enjoying their first gig in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mimon wrote: »
    For me the what the f*ck moment is why are all the twats on their phones recording it instead of just enjoying their first gig in ages!

Happened before covid will happen after covid....phones should be banned at gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The wife is from Sardinia and I've been visiting there for over twenty years. I've had sheep's brain for Christmas dinner but so far I've managed to steer clear of the Casu Marzu ("rotten cheese"). You'd have to wonder what size balls were on the first guy who decided to eat it. He must have been starving...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I just got sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Ryath

cows tongue would have been fairly common in ireland up to 30 years ago. I would be surprised if FX Buckleys on Moore St didn't still sell it.

They have it alright.
    http://www.fxbuckleybutchers.ie/meat/beef/ox-tongue.html
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Sliced Ox Tongue is regularly available in the deli section in M&S. It actually looks like it’d be quite nice on a sandwich, but I just can’t bring myself to try it. I know, I know, silly to be so squeamish!!

Thought you were adventurous! It actually quite nice, tender and has a lovely flavor. Never noticed it must pick up some to try. Haven't actually had since I was a child bar once in a restaurant a few years ago.

We had it over Christmas most years when I was young usually just as cold cuts for teatime. It's not the most appetizing looking cut before it is cooked and peeling the skin off after is certainly is not a job for the squeamish.

Apparently we sell 30 tonnes of them to Japan every month.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/beef/could-beef-tongue-be-the-delicacy-to-crack-the-japanese-beef-market-36325385.html

Advertisement