Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

wW3WXyB.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

craft-shaming-fails-60a273885840b__700.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

AI emotion-detection software tested on Uyghurs
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57101248

625071.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,185 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    Very, VERY, true.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SjGLRHVu.jpg

^^^
    The '70s called. They want their sexy kaftans back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

554414.jpeg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

bnt wrote: »
    554414.jpeg

12nd.......:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,284 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's satire. Not sure it belongs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

New Home wrote: »
    craft-shaming-fails-60a273885840b__700.jpg

Those fcukin yokes are absolutely minging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Life finds a way.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Those fcukin yokes are absolutely minging.
    and so are the insects

Unregistered Users

6CdaFON.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Unregistered Users

F7jC8P4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

joujoujou wrote: »
    F7jC8P4.jpg

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    They are there to stop people turning right out of the parking rows (from the right).

They are there to stop people turning right out of the parking rows (from the right).

Yeah. I get that but where's the WTF? I thought I was missing something unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Yeah. I get that but where's the WTF? I thought I was missing something unusual.

I think it is just that they felt the need to put up so many No Entry signs. Its a bit of overkill.

I think it is just that they felt the need to put up so many No Entry signs. Its a bit of overkill.
    Turn left signs get ignored by drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Odelay

It’s an airport hire car car park. Many of the people will be driving out of there on a drifter than side of the road, after a long flight. Plenty reason to have lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Odelay wrote: »
    It’s an airport hire car car park. Many of the people will be driving out of there on a drifter than side of the road, after a long flight. Plenty reason to have lots of them.

to be fair if you haven't copped it by the third sign the others are not going to make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,882 ✭✭✭✭josip

to be fair if you haven't copped it by the third sign the others are not going to make any difference.

Nobody is going to be coming at it from the photographer's perspective though.
    There is one at each paypoint so that it's very visible to each driver after the distraction of paying.
    The real problem with that car park is not the signage, it's the design of the exits. They should have been angled via kerbing, even just a few degrees, to the left so that drivers naturally go in that direction.

Your comment reminds me of the sign on the old, old N25 on the outskirts of New Ross (IAWS) on the road to Waterford.
    "Conduire a gauche"
    "Links fahren"
    It was a few years before I found out it was French and German for "drive on the left", but still had no idea what it was doing on the outskirts of New Ross.

I remained puzzled (aka WTF) for more years until someone explained that it was for the French and German tourists driving from Rosslare to Cork/Kerry.
    I held the belief for quite a few more years after that, that if they had been able to get the 40 miles from Rosslare to the sign on the wrong side of the road without a head on, there was a decent chance they would make it all the way to wherever they were going.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ideally they want you to not do it at all, rather than catch you halfway down the wrong road.

josip wrote: »

Your comment reminds me of the sign on the old, old N25 on the outskirts of New Ross (IAWS) on the road to Waterford.
    "Conduire a gauche"
    "Links fahren"
    It was a few years before I found out it was French and German for "drive on the left", but still had no idea what it was doing on the outskirts of New Ross.

I remained puzzled (aka WTF) for more years until someone explained that it was for the French and German tourists driving from Rosslare to Cork/Kerry.
    I held the belief for quite a few more years after that, that if they had been able to get the 40 miles from Rosslare to the sign on the wrong side of the road without a head on, there was a decent chance they would make it all the way to wherever they were going.
    I think they're aimed at the tourists who stop at a golf club or whereever, then leave and forget to keep left. It does happen.

• Advertisement

60acaf9508e60_2zoyefza9gl21-png__700.jpg

Advertisement