Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

inforfun wrote: »

there really are some brain dead idiots in this world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

This is the most WTF I've seen in a long time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

New Home wrote: »
    Jesus.

Allah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This is the most WTF I've seen in a long time.
    It's just so WTF I don't even know where to begin. Thankfully for that kid it was found and disarmed but it really does highlight the WTFness of war. Who were his parents? Did they agree to this? Even refugees are hardened to the realities of war then they saw a 6yr old as a threat, rather than some kid who needed taking care of. That solider was a gent and I hope that kid ends up with a better life.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's just so WTF I don't even know where to begin. Thankfully for that kid it was found and disarmed but it really does highlight the WTFness of war. Who were his parents? Did they agree to this? Even refugees are hardened to the realities of war then they saw a 6yr old as a threat, rather than some kid who needed taking care of. That solider was a gent and I hope that kid ends up with a better life.

That’s if it’s true of course. Not saying stuff like this doesn’t happen but to me it seemed more like a propaganda video for the soldier’s side. I wouldn’t have thought it was so easy to disarm a bomb.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That’s if it’s true of course. Not saying stuff like this doesn’t happen but to me it seemed more like a propaganda video for the soldier’s side. I wouldn’t have thought it was so easy to disarm a bomb.

While you might be right, thousands of children (whether orphans or not) are kidnapped in many parts of the world and are forced to go through unspeakable things in order to turn them into child soldiers, they're just used are "cannon fodder" - the "people" who take them don't give a fig about what happens to them, they're disposable. Also, I'll admit I don't know the first thing about explosives, but I get the feeling that it's more a case of quantity over quality.

I just thank my lucky stars I've never had to even imagine what some of those children had to live through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I wouldn’t have thought it was so easy to disarm a bomb.

Generally it is just a case of removing the detonator. You do not need a complicated circuit. A wire in and a wire out would be enough. Removing the battery will deactivate a trigger device.
    In movies they do complicate it a bit more :pac:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I wouldn’t have thought it was so easy to disarm a bomb.

Generally it is just a case of removing the detonator. You do not need a complicated circuit. A wire in and a wire out would be enough. Removing the battery will deactivate a trigger device.

It looked like a mobile activated device. So who knows the guy who was supposed to phone it in might have gotten cold feet, or else reception was bad. I dunno would a soldier from a bomb squad set this up and actually tape some stuff to a kid for propaganda. But forced child martyrs does go on, i saw a documentary on it with Ross Kemp in Israel/Gaza.

It always comes down to the red or blue. If I was a baddie in a movie, I'd use all luminous pink wires :P

• Advertisement

Too many "Hollywood wires" fortunately, no time for them to fit anti tamper system.
    Set off using a Mobile phone by the look's of it.
    I am guessing the Isis controller got taken out already.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Everyday We Stray Further From God's Light

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44613633

^^^
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's not the movies

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's not the movies

But it was being filmed

But it was being filmed

Yes, real life, not actors.
    Big difference

The second one which starts at 5.08 is horrific :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There needs to be an "Australia is trying to kill you" thread.

GNrFlux.jpg

There needs to be an "Australia is trying to kill you" thread.
    There also needs to be a "don't be a moron around wildlife" thread. I read a story today about some idiot who thought it would be a good idea to hand feed a shark :rolleyes:

There was also the story a couple of weeks ago about some fools who got out of their car in a safari park with their young children so that they could sit on the grass and get a closer look at the lions. They were lucky to get back into the car before the lions initiated them into the Darwin Awards hall of fame for stupidity. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people? :confused:

• Advertisement

Natural selection should be let run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dog with half a face

Jesus ****ing Christ. That one was rough. Got a few tears at the end though, poor little ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,166 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Jesus ****ing Christ. That one was rough. Got a few tears at the end though, poor little ****er.

I hit the stop button at the very start when the graphic images warning came up.

To thine own self be true

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There was also the story a couple of weeks ago about some fools who got out of their car in a safari park with their young children so that they could sit on the grass and get a closer look at the lions. They were lucky to get back into the car before the lions initiated them into the Darwin Awards hall of fame for stupidity. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people? :confused:
    It was actually Cheetahs, which is significant because they are quite skittish and less likely to tear your face off like what happened to the morons that got out of a car in a safari park in China. Footage is pretty shocking. But yeah, lots of morons.

It was actually Cheetahs, which is significant because they are quite skittish and less likely to tear your face off like what happened to the morons that got out of a car in a safari park in China. Footage is pretty shocking. But yeah, lots of morons.
    Cheetahs/lions.......lets all agree that it's not a good idea to get out of the car and try to interact with them like they are domesticated cats. Even cats will scratch your eyes out just for rubbing their bellies! :p

Explosion at petrol station
    https://www.facebook.com/bismah.syed.94/videos/2041277969467682/
    the speed (or lack) of the response of the staff is more shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

That's crazy but I don't believe the reasoning for one second...
    Children playing games on Mobile Phone in the car while parent filling petrol outside. A fatal blunder mistake to ignite the petrol with the heat of cell phone so don’t make /receive a call or use cellphone for games at any filling station.

d31b0y wrote: »
    That's crazy but I don't believe the reasoning for one second...
    yeah, no fireball!, it looks like a non-flammable gas cylinder exploded behind the car as you can see the escape of gas afterwards

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Advertisement

Advertisement