Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    494607.jpg

This wasn't someone cutting in.

This was a line of traffic rear ended by a truck driver on his phone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jesus. :(

Still - cutting in, using the phone, tailgating, not indicating, no seatbelts, speeding, drink driving... whatever it is, it just goes to show how bad things can go. Just to put a "positive" spin on it, they're lucky it didn't catch fire. :/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

HOSyNhq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^^ Watching that, just waiting for it to go badly wrong! :eek:
    Like the time Garry Hoy ran at a window to prove how strong it was and he ended up taking a 24 storey dive to his death :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This wasn't someone cutting in.

This was a line of traffic rear ended by a truck driver on his phone.

http://livetrucking.com/four-tractor-trailers-and-a-pickup-were-involved-in-a-fatal-pileup-on-interstate-20/

The story and more pics.

And what that car should look like:

cbgJY49.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^^^^
    And people drive SUV's because they think that they're safer in them!

In fairness, a Smart would have been evaporated in that collision

inforfun wrote: »
    True, but I would have expected more of a crumple on the front of the truck, there must have been a very solid object in front of the SUV for such a severe compaction though.

Nah, it would have fit neatly under the lorry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just to put a "positive" spin on it, they're lucky it didn't catch fire. :/

Who were lucky? The dead people in the car?
    I am assuming noone could have survived...........

• Advertisement

No, obviously not the couple in the car who got killed instantly (the article said so, too, and frankly, I don't think they had the time to realise what was happening), but the people in the lorries and the other cars around them, and the rescue services, etc.

Did you see what happened on a motorway in Bologna during the summer? In that case, the driver of a lorry transporting GPL collided with a lorry in front of it which was carrying chemicals. The latter caught fire, causing the former to explode, and causing the collapse of part of the overpass it was on onto the stretch of road underneath, and lots of damage to all the nearby houses and businesses. The only casualty there, miraculously, was the driver of the lorry that exploded.

Sorry, that was two dead and at least 67 injured. Still "lucky", when you see this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/fuel-truck-explosion-bologna-italy-highway-kills-least-2-injures-n897961

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tabnabs wrote: »
    DAFUQ?
    @GuardianMemeWin might point towards it being a parody account :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

^^^ It's fake. It's a parody account.

Alrighty, I'll move it back to YLYL and hang my head in shame. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Alrighty, I'll move it back to YLYL and hang my head in shame. Again.

Can safely say a lot of people would not be laughing, on the inspection of the SUV.

Can safely say a lot of people would not be laughing, on the inspection of the SUV.

That wasn't the picture we were talking about. Our last few comments were about this.
    Tabnabs wrote: »
    DAFUQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That wasn't the picture we were talking about. Our last few comments were about this.
    That's what you get for moving the post around so much, you're power mad! :p

That's what you get for moving the post around so much, you're power mad! :p

I was only trying to prevent a rake of reports, and this is the gratitude I get? Why, I oughta ban you! :mad: *Adjusts tiara and sceptre and ermine cape*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ermine cape*
    The vermine is a small black and white relative of the lemming, found in the cold Hublandish regions. Its skin is rare and highly valued, especially by the vermine itself; the selfish little bastard will do anything rather than let go of it.

-- Discworld wildlife (Terry Pratchett, Sourcery)

• Advertisement

The vermine is a small black and white relative of the lemming, found in the cold Hublandish regions. Its skin is rare and highly valued, especially by the vermine itself; the selfish little bastard will do anything rather than let go of it.

-- Discworld wildlife (Terry Pratchett, Sourcery)

I bet they never thought of asking the vermine politely and saying please. :rolleyes::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tattoos

8Gj1avq.jpg
    uW6fcIc.jpg

yanO0UK.jpg

Honourable mention and new pants for the driver o that black thing left making a sharp u-turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Honourable mention and new pants for the driver o that black thing left making a sharp u-turn.

What about the poor taxi driver at the lights? Poor bastard just saw his life flash before him.

Yep, an Irish driver would have been killed as for whatever reason they just need to be over that line at traffic lights.
    This guy didnt and survived.

4QKYU6T.jpg

• Advertisement

Idiots. Idiots as far as the eye can see.

YHZvGmv.jpg

Advertisement